This post is sponsored by buybuy BABY.
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – investing in a double stroller has been game.changing. A thousand times over! It’s allowed us to feel so much more freedom when it comes to getting out and being more active as a family of four, and I can’t imagine going back to that single stroller life. Now that we have two littles to tote around, and now that Adam and I are finding out groove again on our fitness journey, a double stroller is an essential for our family! And if Truckee is lucky, sometimes she gets to come along too!
Before I had kids, I just assumed that staying fit after kids would be easy. Surely not much can change, right? How different can it be? Boy was I wrong! EVERYTHING changes after you have kids! Not only physically, mentally, and emotionally, but also logistically! And everything is quite literally, doubled, once you have your second baby, and even the smallest things, like taking a family walk, or finding a way to get everyone outside at once, can feel like a monumental task. Especially if you don’t have the right gear! I’m a firm believer that you can do anything you put your mind to, if you have the right tools for the job. And a double stroller with two kids, is just the tool we’ve needed to find our confidence and footing when it comes to remaining active as parents-to-two. (And trust me when I say, being a confident mom of multiple children, is so important!)
I’ve previously posted all about this double stroller – the Chicco Bravo For 2, and we are in fact still loving it! Most importantly, A + B are still loving it, which means taking them out in it is that much easier and smoother. It is still the perfect size to comfortable haul them both, and it allows us so much freedom while we’re out and about. B can ride along, and observe, per the usual, and A can ride, walk beside me, run ahead of me, and then hop back on when she gets tired. It has made our lives so much easier, and I don’t think we would be able to get out as much, or be as motivated to get out as much, without it. Coming from two active parents, having the ability to remain active with our kids is worth its weight in gold.
Here are a few more reasons why we LOVE our Chicco Braco For 2 double stroller:
- It has helped us all to be more active, since it is simply easier for us all to get out of the house to exercise.
- Family walks are more fun now that we can ALL go and it has created a sweet after-dinner tradition. (I love hearing A ask us to go ride on the double stroller!)
- We spend more time together as a family, outside, away from screens and technology. This then translates into better communication, and talking about our days together as we walk.
- When we’re all out walking together, it instantly lifts everyone’s moods and helps A (and us!) get our day’s stresses out. It also helps A calm down, and get those last minute wiggles out before bedtime.
- Adam and I can take turns running ahead while the other one pushes the stroller. Often times, I’ll push B for a bit and Adam and A will run ahead.
- We are teaching our kids the importance of staying active, and simply moving more!
- This fall when we start doing more 5K’s, it will be less stressful to take the kids to the races!
- Spending more time outside as a family, is so good for their development.
Just look at that view! I never could have dreamed up a view so sweet, and now it’s almost a nightly occurrence. We are so loving being able to more easily involve our kids in the littlest of ways that support our active lifestyle. I hope they both grow up feeling empowered to get outside, and run wild! A is already showing signs of loving to run, and if I close my eyes and imagine her future, I can totally see a little track star!
We purchased our Chicco Bravo For 2 at buybuy BABY, after doing quite a bit of research! If you are looking for a double stroller, be sure to go in-store to check out their selection, and speak with an associate that can help you narrow down your options. Our biggest criteria revolved around travel, and the age of our kids, and so far the Chicco Bravo For 2 has been perfect. I still sometimes dream and long for a side-by-side double jogging stroller, but for this current season, the Chicco checks all the boxes. We leave for the beach in just a few weeks, and you better believe we’ll be bringing along our double stroller for the airport and beach adventures! I can’t wait to show the kids around the trails of my favorite place on Earth.
Do you have a double stroller? How do you stay active with your double stroller?