Now that our new preschool routine is in full swing, and Barrett is getting the hang of things, I wanted to be sure and document our two little students exactly as they are, September 2019, in order to also be able to document them again in May 2020. (Let’s just consider this their stereotypical letterboard photo!) I can’t wait to see how much they’ve both grown and changed over the course of this “school year”. (Although, I’m already sad knowing how huge they’re going to look, when they already both look like little teenagers!) I say “school year” in quotes because we’re still getting acquainted with the idea of an actual school year since we’ve been so used to going year ’round 5X a week, that our new two-days-a-week schedule and a Sept-May calendar has thrown us for a loop! But a very good loop! I am very thankful we’ve been able to make this transition and change for our family and TBH, it’s what I’ve always wanted! And, so far so good! Adeline is absolutely LOVING her new preschool, or “church preschool” as she calls it, and Barrett seems to be loving it as well.
I thought it might be fun to do a little interview with Adeline, to go along with these quick pictures we took before school on Thursday. When I look back on these in May, I think it will be fun to also look back at maybe how her vocabulary, priorities, reasoning, likes, and dislikes may have changed! So, I asked her a few questions before bedtime last night, just about preschool and some random things, and have compiled her sweet little answers below! I would have asked Barrett too, but I’m not sure how to spell baby babble!
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- A ballerina or a garbage truck driver. Or a worker that fixes the road.
- How old are you?
- When is your birthday?
- In July?
- What is your favorite color?
- Pink and purple. No, actually rainbow!
- What is your favorite animal?
- Why is that?
- Umm their horn and their body! The rainbow part!
- What is your favorite thing about your new school?
- Eating lunch!
- What is your favorite thing about your classroom?
- The dollhouse!
- Who are your teachers?
- Um, um, Mrs Julianne and Mrs Whitney and I’m in the Owl class and my brother is in the Bunny class.
- What do you think Mommy does for work?
- Um you use your computer and your TV
- What do you think Daddy does for work?
- He works too. On his computer. And plays games.
- What are you looking forward to learning about?
- Uppercase A’s and lowercase a’s
- What is your favorite thing to write?
- I like to write Barrett and me.
- Is there anything you’re nervous about?
- I don’t want kids to push me down, like when they’re being rude. And I’m nervous about thunder at preschool, if it rains.
- What are your favorite books?
- Coloring books, Fancy Nancy, Garden (Joanna Gaines book), Rosie Revere Engineer
- Why are you excited for Barrett to be at your preschool too?
- Because he’s my friend!
- What makes you a great big sister?
- Not being scared. Having a toy unicorn. Because I am learning everything to be a big sister.
- What is your favorite letter other than your letter?
- B! Because it’s my brother’s letter. B starts with my brother!
- What is 2+2?
- 1. (holds up fingers) Ummm 4!
- What does turning FOUR mean to you?
- Four means I want to bring a unicorn to my birthday. It means I want a present. I get to eat some cake and some cupcakes!
- Why do you love Truckee?
- Because she’s so soft!
- Why do you love Mommy and Daddy?
- Because they don’t look weird. Because I don’t know…you scratch my back?
- What is your favorite meal?
- Oatmeal, chips, just chips, mac & cheese, Chicken Fil A, McDonald’s, popsicles, popcorn, lollipops, fruit snacks, and cows
- What is the most important part about preschool?
- Not touching the teacher’s things
- Who would you like to pray for tonight?
- I would pray for Emily, my friend. And kids who lost their water. And I’d pray for who else is sick.
I am LOVING this stage that she’s in, developmentally and cognitively. Maybe not always behavior wise, ha! But she’s just so much fun to talk to and hang out with. She is very intelligent, and listening to her talk is just so cute. It amazes me almost every day at how her little brain works and processes things! And, her memory is a STEEL VAULT! It’s crazy!
Adeline, I love you so much and you’re going to have the BEST year at preschool this year! I am so proud of you!
Barrett, I love you too, big guy!! You are going to have so much fun and I can’t wait to keep watching you grow!
Happy Friday, everyone!