Happy Thursday! Since we’re gearing up for Thanksgiving next week we’ve both been hitting the gym extra hard. I’ve been adding in a few more cardio workouts and Adam has been adding some extra weights into his routine. There’s nothing like the anticipation of stuffing your face that makes you want to sweat just a little longer and complete one more set of those reps.
I wanted to do a quick highlight style recap of our workouts this week, then I’ll be back tomorrow with Adam’s first post! Well, not his first post, but his first post as an official contributor to Sweet Miles! I’ll share more details next week about some fun changes happening around here!
I’m really excited to start sharing Adam’s fitness journey more, along with mine, just as a way to hopefully encourage other dads out there to get fit right alongside their wives and families. I think it’s important that we be strong together, and help encourage and support one another. Being examples to Adeline of what it means to live a healthy lifestyle is so important to us and is ultimately a priority is how we raise her.
So, here are our highlights! We would love to hear YOUR highlights!
Her Workout Highlights –
- 2 bike rides for a combined milage of 19 miles, ~500 calories
- Hit a PR of 100 lbs on the seated leg press
- 4 x 10 35 lb goblet squats
- 2 stroller walks, 25 minutes + 30 minutes
- Arms – bicep curls, tricep extensions, lateral raises
His Workout Highlights –
- 3 45 minute elyptical workouts
- Bench press 135lb x 10 up to 225lb x 2 then back down
- 5 x 6 45lb bicep curls
- 4 x 6 100lb tricep extensions
- Long walk with Adeline and Truckee
Did you workout this week? Did your significant other? What are your plans for Thanksgiving?