Happy Friday! We turned 35 weeks yesterday, which means I can count on one hand now the number of weeks until this little guy comes barreling into the world! At least I hope it’s 5 weeks or less. I really don’t want to be induced this time around, but I also don’t want to go too far past my due date again after knowing how hard it was to get Adeline out. I feel like we’re definitely in the homestretch now, especially since our due date is officially next month.
We’re getting so excited to meet our baby Barrett, but are soaking up these days with Adeline. We’re having the best summer, and I don’t want to rush this time away. It’s hard to believe we’re quickly approaching a time where we’ll have two sweet kiddos, and I know it will be hard to imagine life without him.
Previous updates from this pregnancy:
- Backache (surprise, surprise!)
- Round ligament pain – I’ve been having this for a couple weeks now and honestly thought maybe it was contractions but my Dr. confirmed it was RLP. I never had this with Adeline and OUCH! I told Adam it feels like there’s a watermelon sitting on a rubber band that’s stretched to its limit and it’s about to pop. It’s weird that it comes and goes, but I guess it’s the baby shifting pressure on and off of it.
- Constant heartburn – The only foods that don’t cause it are spicy foods. Because that totally makes sense!
- Braxton Hicks – Mostly non-painful but sometimes strong enough to make me stop and pause, especially if my bladder is full. Never timeable though.
- Peeing nonstop – Literally! Adam laughed at me the other day because I peed, walked out of the bathroom, and turned right back around and peed again. Gravity, ya’ll.
- Heaviness – I just feel like he’s so big, but he’s measured right on time at every appointment!
- Hip pain
- Intense movements – I guess he’s already running out of space but some of his movements are painful!
- Ice Cream!
- Dr. Pepper!
- The pool! (Can this be a craving??)
- ANYTHING COLD
- Still not a huge fan of certain cuts of chicken
- Nothing else really comes to mind
Feeling Like: These two weeks have been really tough. I hate to complain, I really do, but man this pregnancy has kicked my butt. You know that Parks & Rec meme of Leslie Knope that says, “Everything hurts…and I’m dying.” That’s exactly how I feel by the end of the day. I don’t know if it’s because it’s my body’s second time or because of how I’m carrying him, but it has been so painful! Don’t get me wrong, I am beyond grateful, and feel truly, truly blessed.
Other than my physical complaints though, I am SO EXCITED! I’ve loved working on his nursery, packing his hospital bag, and just thinking about labor and delivery. I’m also slightly in shock that it’s now July and holy cow we’re having a baby NEXT MONTH. Like, how did that happen. On one hand I feel like I’ve been pregnant for 97 months and on the other hand I feel like it’s flown by.
I’m starting to feel like maybe I’m in denial that this is actually happening though. I’m so excited, but I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around what it’s going to be like. I feel like I’m such a different person now than I was just three years ago when I had Adeline, and it’s added a whole new perspective. I feel like I know what to expect, but I also know it could be completely different. Either way, I can’t wait to hold him and see his sweet face for the first time! A BOY. Wow. I can’t even fathom what he might look like, but I know those first few newborn moments are a little slice of Heaven.
- Sweet summer days and nights with Adeline. It feels like we’ve been living at the pool and I don’t mind it one bit! This summer has been wonderful, but I know the best is yet to come!
- Adeline’s first Waffle House trip
- 4th of July – Adeline’s first time seeing fireworks!
- Everything Adeline says! Her little voice and her talking is just the best.
Movement: Like I mentioned under symptoms, his movements have been huge! I’ve been trying to catch some of them on video because it truly is the coolest thing ever. It’s all just so amazing to me. Based on some of his movements I was a little worried maybe he was breech, but now I think the big bump I’ve been feeling must be his booty and not his head. We’ll have another ultrasound closer to our due date to confirm, so I’m hoping he’s head down and I’m just being paranoid.
Exercise: I’m still walking, but not nearly everyday like I was for a while. It’s more like 2-3 times a week now with the heat. I also am just so, so tired and walking for long starts to hurt my back, where it used to make it feel better. I’m going to try my best to keep walking as much as I can all the way up until I deliver, even if it’s a slow waddle every few days!
Next on my to-do list is to finish up the nursery and start packing my hospital bag. Other than that, we’ve just got a few more things to pick up that we need and we’ll be all set! Eventually I’ll try to share posts on both, but we’ll see. Oh, we’re also doing our maternity photos weekend which I’m really excited about! I’m hoping Adeline behaves and it goes well, but I can’t wait to get a few final ‘family of three’ photos.
Thanks for following along!
What was your must have hospital bag item? Do you feel like you overpacked the first time? Did you finish your second or third baby’s nursery on time?