Here we are again, another snow day? Yep, believe it or not!
Saturday night, Adam and I headed out for an early date night to an eclectic little tex mex/baja restaurant here in Little Rock called The Fold. We’ve been wanting to try it for a a few years now and finally pulled the trigger last night after one of our friends graciously sent us a gift card! It was delicious, and we loved the atmosphere. I wouldn’t say it surpassed our favorite taco place in town, but still very tasty! That taco in the middle was pork and to-die for!
Yesterday we went to church, then ran a few errands including perusing Target and checking out our new and improved Whole Foods! We’ve had a Whole Foods for a long time, but it was tiny. Like, tiny, and we never went to it because it was so small. Well, just last week the brand new location opened, and it’s huge and amazing. We loved walking around and finding some fun new products and treats. I’m so glad we finally have a REAL Whole Foods here now, took long enough!
Yesterday we also finished the guest bedroom, well, for the most part. It’s both a Lake Tahoe theme and a conglomeration of grandmother hand-me-downs. The window faces the side of our house that doesn’t get much direct sun, so it was hard to take decent photos in here. It’s not as dark in here as it might look though. Here’s a look at what’s happening in there right now:
1. New faux burlap curtains, and cleaned out corner for workspace with new desk. Still missing a race medal hanger for the wall above the desk. Stay tuned. Also, desperately need a new desk chair!
2. Reorganized bookshelf, bottom shelves to store all camera gear. Duck pillows were made by my grandmother who knows how long ago, and the tiny teacups on the shelves were my other grandmother’s.
3. Tahoe Nat. Geo. poster finally framed and hung, Pottery Barn throw pillows, Lake Tahoe PB accent pillow, and blue PB throw. I got the brown pillows for 20% off after Christmas, and the blue throw for 25% off!
4. Color palette inspiration: Lake Tahoe pillow with brown/taupe, blue/grey throw, and burgundy rug.
5. My sister in law got this wood plaque for Adam for Christmas. It fits in with this theme perfectly!
6. The big white map is a 1997 Road Map of Arkansas that was handed down from some good friends of ours when they moved. Quilt was made by my grandmother (or maybe her mother), lamp in corner was my other grandmother’s antique lamp.
And there you go! I never claimed to be an interior decorator, but I do love a cozy, eclectic family inspired bedroom. It will serve its purpose perfectly: bed for guests, storage for us, and workspace for me.
Have a great day!
What did you do this weekend? Do you love Whole Foods? Is your guest room immaculately decorated or cozy and quaint?