One of my favorite things about where we live now is the proximity to Trader Joe’s. There weren’t any TJ’s in Little Rock and the one back home always seemed out-of-the-way and way too cool for me. I had no idea really what Trader Joe’s was until we first went inside one right after we moved here! Holy cow I’ve been missing out! I just always assumed that the prices were ridiculous and that it was all weird organic stuff, but it’s actually quite the opposite! Sure, there are some really neat “healthy” items, but for the most part the items are just unique and different, and the prices are actually pretty low. We’re kind of obsessed!
We’ve been treating Trader Joe’s like our supplemental grocery store. I would never do the bulk of my weekly shopping there, but when we want to pop in for some fun finds, it’s the perfect way to top off the week’s budget. Besides the fact that all of their packaging designs are spot on and adorable, the store itself feels like a cute little market. We almost always pick up fresh flowers on the way in (and they’re super cheap!), then peruse the fun treats along the main aisles. It’s not as big as I thought it was, so it’s not like going to Costco or anything like that – just 4 or 5 aisles mainly. They usually have fresh coffee or cider samples, and this weekend had samples of salami and cheese. Every time we go I see tons of things I want to try “next time”, which leaves me excited to come back.
Here’s a rundown of what we picked up this weekend. Just a few things to get us through the week that we normally wouldn’t have on our list. A few of these items are long time favorites, and a few are brand new-to-us!
- Triple Ginger Snaps: LOVE these. Buy a fresh batch almost every time. They also currently have frosted gingerbread cookies which we picked up last week…also delicious!
- Rich & Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip: Tried this for the first time last week and we are OBSESSED. Seriously, the best frozen spinach dip I’ve ever had. And it’s only $2.99.
- Trader Joe’s String Cheese
- Chili Flavored Dried Mango
- Mini Dark Chocolate Mint Stars
- Quinoa Cowboy Veggie Burgers: Holy good. We had these last week, and bought two more packages this week – grill them, then load them up with cheese, onion, and tomato on a toasted bun…such a great dinner staple. We like to serve them with sweet potato fries.
- Dark Chocolate Covered Peppermint Joe Joe’s: I literally can’t. I could eat the entire package in one sitting.
- Organic Mini Peanut Butter Sandwich Crackers
If you need me, I’ll be hiding the Peppermint Joe Joe’s from myself! Seriously so good. I feel like they’d make cute Christmas gifts too, for maybe teachers or nurses? Pair them with a cute coffee mug or something little, easy!
I noticed some really tasting looking Mac & Cheese’s this trip as well, so that might be on my radar for next time as a quick meal to split between Adeline and I one night when Adam is working late.
What’s your current favorite Trader Joe’s find? What do you always buy there? What would you like to try?