Happy Monday! And a BEAUTIFUL Monday at that!
Seeing how it’s still early in the month, I wanted to make a list of my goals and things to work on for this month. (The best month of the year if you ask me, and not just because it’s my wedding anniversary month…ok maybe.) We can all use a little self-improving sometimes! Here’s what I hope to accomplish this month!
1. Run a sub-25:00 5K and not feel like it was a fluke. I was so, so close this Saturday and know that on a flatter course I could pull it off! I intend to work my hiney off until it happens. Perfect practice makes perfect performance.
2. Stop worrying so much. It really is Pointless with a capital P. I don’t know why I do, but I do! I think it’s in my genes. I need to get better about letting things fall into place naturally and not trying to make them happen my way!
3. Have more patience. Who’s the most impatient girl on the face of the planet? This girl. I need to work on my patience not just with situations but also with people in general. I want something to happen, and I want it to happen RIGHT MEOW.
4. Spend more time with Adam at night. We sometimes get in the habit of after dinner, he goes and does his own thing while I do my own thing (blogging, editing, etc.) and before we know it, it’s time to go to bed! We’ve been trying to be better about making time to watch a movie a together at night, and turning off all technology for a couple hours. Still a work in progress.
5. Fully relax and enjoy our anniversary get-away trip! I can’t even fathom the fact that our ONE YEAR anniversary of our WEDDING is coming up on June 9th! Where did this year go?! Are they all going to fly by this fast?! I hope they slow down a little bit! For the long weekend we are going up to Beaver Lake in northwest Arkansas and staying at this little precious peach cabin:
I plan on taking myself, and that’s about it. I’m not taking my laptop, and I plan on turning my phone off while we’re there! I’ll take my camera, of course, but I plan on being fully AWAY for the 4 days we’re gone and blissfully soaking up every second of no responsibilites! We’re so excited to spend a few days away from everything, just the two of us, celebrating what an amazing first year of marriage we’ve had and how blessed we are to have each other. I. Can’t. Wait. Oh! And tomorrow we’re taking some fun anniversary photos 🙂 can’t wait to share them!
6. Get more involved in the blogging world. I want to install Comment Luv, get on BlogLovin, and reach out to more fellow bloggers. I’ve enjoyed my first month of my running blog and can’t wait to take it further and meet more bloggers! Any tips for a newby running blogger on must-have blog accessories??
7. Sign up for my first MARATHON. Say what! I still have high hopes and dreams of completing my first full marathon in December. I just haven’t gotten up the courage to press that register button yet! I’m thinking the St. Jude Memphis Marathon will be the winner though. Any words of advice or encouragement for a first time marathoner would be greatly appreciated!!
8. Eat less sweets. Meh. This one doesn’t sound like much fun, but my sweet tooth does need to be reigned in a bit! I also REALLY need to drink more water! They always say that you’re supposed to drink 8 glasses of water a day. EIGHT?! If I drank 8 glasses of water a day I’d spend all day in the bathroom! So be it, I suppose.
9. Spend less time thinking about what lives everyone else is living. The only ones that matter are our own, and I want to remember to be fully engaged and not take anything for granted. We love where we’re at right now, and I don’t want to feel like we have to keep up with the joneses. We are on Adam & Sarah’s time, not anyone else’s!
10. Run with Truckee more and not get so frustrated with her. She really is trying her hardest, and I shouldn’t get so annoyed with her because she’s not fully cooperating! She’s an 8 month old lab puppy for crying outloud. A darn cute one at that! She really just needs more consistent training. She’s ridiculously smart and I don’t want her intelligence to go to waste! Plus she deserves as much exercise as possible.
If only we could train her to do this…
Enjoy the day! It sure is pretty in Little Rock today!!
Have a specific goal for this month? Would love to hear it!