Hello Sweet Miles world! Adam here, and I’d like to introduce myself before we dive into my wish list. Since Sarah started this blog, I have been in the background watching, reading, and correcting spelling on most of the posts that she makes. In the racing days, I would go to every race I could and cheer her on, then get her to snag an extra bagel or slice of pizza at the finish line. This blog has brought her so much joy, I figured I would hop on too. As I’m sure you already know everything that concerns Sarah and myself combined, I’ll give you a quick rundown on myself anyway. Spoiler alert, we’re pretty much opposite in every way imaginable. But, I am Sarah’s husband, Adeline’s dad, woodworker, IT guy, dog dad, and devout nerd. I spent five years after I got out of college on the financial IT sides of things until I realized that the Startup world was more my scene. So, I moved over to a small company when we moved down to TX. I spend as much time as I can with my family as well as splitting my time between Dungeons and Dragons, pen making, and duck hunting. Now that we’ve got that out of the way, I’m excited to start updating everyone on my goings on and get to know some of you awesome readers that Sarah talks about. My hope is that some of your husbands, boyfriends, and other dudes in your life will follow along as well. I’ll be hopping on on occasion to share my side of “dad life”. Behind every mom blogger who takes way too many pictures is a husband taking those pictures. #amiright
Tech Gift Guide for Dads
You’ve spent the last 11 months trying to figure out what he wants. All of your prodding questions bare little fruit and we’re coming down to the wire. He may be your boyfriend, husband, son, or just some guy you like, but you want to get him something for Christmas that he will love. I am no expert on the men in your life, but I love tech…a lot. Here is a list of things that I either use often and could not live without or things that I want in my life. I would love to hear your feedback on what tech you plan on buying this Christmas season.
- If you sit anywhere near the recipient of this gift, you might need to rethink this option. The responsiveness of a mechanical keyboard and the loud clickity-clack are what add to the charm of this keyboard. Along with RGB lights that are controllable through the app on the computer, the layout is simple and the extra keys (music, volume) are right where you need them. I recently started using my old keyboard at my office and cannot go back, so I will be getting myself another one of these so I never have to go without one again.
- Whether you are on constant conference calls, watching movies, or playing games, you need a good headset to hear the fine details and to be heard clearly. The VOID Pro headset delivers fantastic sound and a microphone that picks up your voice while filtering out some ambient sounds. I have the wired version but the wire gets in my way sometimes, so I would suggest the wireless if that’s something that would bother you.
- Sarah got me these a couple years ago, and you will probably see them in my ears if I’m out in public. I wouldn’t consider myself an Audiophile, but I do have a soft spot for great sound. If you aren’t listening to incredibly bass heavy music, these earphones give crisp distortion free sound and the foam tips create a seal in the ear so you can listen to your music quieter while getting the same quality which decreases chances of hearing loss.
- I know I said I’m not an Audiophile then the next line down throw out a $400 set of computer speakers, but there is a reason. If I don’t have my Corsair headphones in at my desk, I listen to music on my Logitech Z313 speakers which can fill the house with bass but don’t deliver much on the rest of the scale. If I’m listening to my Billie Holiday over the speakers, I want to hear every sweet raspy word as if she is standing right in front of me and the Audioengines deliver that perfectly. Cheaper option: Logitech Z313
- If you have ever needed to record a group or just want to hop on the conference call without putting a headset on, you need an external mic. Sound through this mic is incredibly crisp and can be picked up from 360 around so it is great if you are wanting to record a game night or your Dungeons and Dragons sessions.
- Virtual assistants have gotten quite a bit of screen time in the past year, and for good reason. We use our Google Home constantly and every screen in the house is equipped with a Chromecast. Our assistant has provided entertainment for Adeline (Hey Google, what sound does a lion make? Hey Google, what sound does an elephant make?) and it tells me about my day every morning (weather, meetings). Amazon Echo products do everything Google can do, but you can also make Amazon purchases which puts the new 2nd Gen Echo high on my wish list.
- This is an absolute life changer that nobody understands until they try it. I’ve used wireless chargers for a year at my desk and love the convenience, but when I got my new phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 8 which is amazing), it included a Samsung convertible wireless charger. I put it in the kitchen and let Sarah use it and she was a quick convert. The speed and convenience that a wireless chargers allows is fantastic.
- If anything changes the way you charge your phone more than a wireless charger, it’s a 6’ power cable. Extra real estate from you power cable allows you to watch YouTube videos in bed, browse reddit on the couch, look up recipes while cooking, all while your phone is plugged in. (Sarah here – this is LIFE CHANGING, you guys!)
- But what if you’re out and about without any outlets nearby, that’s when an external battery pack is a must have. Anker shows up multiple times here because they are the kings of charge. This power pack can charge multiple devices at a time as well as charge them multiple times before needing to be recharged. If you have a Nintendo Switch and are listening to music on your phone at the airport, plug both into one of these and then you won’t have to worry about an outlet at all.
10. XBox One X
- The latest generation of gaming systems has arrived and will grace many Christmas trees this year. I’m really hoping mine is one of them….
What will you be gifting your tech loving husband/boyfriend/S.O. this year? What would you add to this list?
*Affiliate links were used in the making of this post. See Blog Policies for more information. Thank you for supporting Sweet Miles, and the products we love.