When we purchased our house nearly 5 years ago, (5 years this fall, whoa!!) we certainly weren’t thinking about babies. I assumed we’d move out of this house before we started a family, so I never entertained the idea that our house wasn’t exactly kid-friendly.
But then life happened, and before we knew it, we were starting a family and moving wasn’t an option, nor something that seemed necessary with a newborn. We quickly knew however that as soon as Adeline was toddler age and starting to play outside more, we’d start thinking about making a move in order to give our kids a safer yard and neighborhood. Not like crime safe, but literally just safer. We currently live on a big hill, our front yard is pretty much rock and woods, and our backyard is also rocks, dirt, weeds, natural hillside. It’s really anything BUT kid-friendly.
I dream of the day when I can open our backdoor and say, “go play!” as the kids scurry out onto a beautiful plush green lawn in our tiny easily-maintained backyard. Or the day when we teach our kids how to ride their bikes out on our quiet street, while chatting with other young families along the sidewalk. Heck, even the day when we can sit out on the front porch, sipping a route 44 Dr. Pepper while the kids chalk up the driveway and play in their bubble machine. Ah, life in the ‘burbs. I’ve loved living in a more wooded area, and I grew up practically on a mountain of sorts in the TN hills, but I’m excited to transition into something that honestly just requires less upkeep.
With that being said, I’ve got a running list on Amazon of quintessential outside toys we may soon need to acquire! A backyard is the best playroom there is, and I’m so excited to make it FUN! Here is my list of outside toys I’m deeming as perfectly toddler friendly for the upcoming summer days. They all seem to be classics, in my opinion. Adeline isn’t quite big enough for a huge swing set or playground yet, but you better believe I’ve eye-balled them at Lowe’s! #dreamplayground
I’d love to hear more suggestions! If you’re lucky enough to have a great yard and street, you probably have most of these already!
- Little Tikes Easy Score Basketball Set – $34.99
- Little Tikes Spiralin’ Seas Waterpark Play Table – $39.95; similar at Target – $39.99
- Fisher Price Bubble Mower – $28.22; similar at Target – $18.79
- Little Tikes Sizzle and Serve Grill – $27.99
- Little Tikes First Slide – $29.99; similar at Target – $31.73
- Little Tikes Deluxe Home and Garden Playhouse – $169.99
- 4-in-1 Stroll n Trike – $89.97
- Step2 Sit and Play Picnic Table with Umbrella – $39.99
- Step2 Play and Shade Pool – $38.42
- Melissa and Doug Sunny Patch Pretty Petals Flower Sprinkler – $19.99
- Little Tikes Tball Set – $13.99
- Little Tikes Garden Chair – $18.62
- Radio Flyer 3-in-1 EZ Fold Wagon Ride On – $68.00
- Little Tikes Garden Table – $39.99
- Melissa and Doug Sunny Patch Pretty Petals Flower Watering Can – $12.99
- Gazillion Bubble Hurricane Machine – $16.99
Sidewalk chalk – $8.28
Green Toys Tool Set – $20.99
Maybe this will give you some ideas for outside fun with YOUR littles this summer! I can’t WAIT to play!