You’re getting TWO posts on this fine Friday. Hows abouts that.
I hate mixing too many topics into one blog post, and since I accomplish more when I write them down or share them, I thought I’d do a post with my realistic fitness goals for the next half year! My new year’s resolutions if you will. I’m beginning to be a fan of bigger picture goals, and shorter term goals, rather than little goals set for the length of the entire year. I think it makes it easier to succeed, and less overwhelming. If I told myself I wasn’t going to drink Diet Coke for a year, you can forget about it. But if I tell myself I’m going to limit my Diet Coke intake for the next few months, then revisit it after that time frame, that feels much more realistic!
Realistic Spring 2014 Fitness Goals
1. Go to the gym once a week SPECIFICALLY to do strength training. As in lifting weights. Gasp!
2. Find a pool, and swim laps once a week. Or combine #1 and #2, and join a new gym.
3. PR my half marathon time. Somewhere in the range of 1:50-1:55.
4. PR my 10K time, as close to 50:00 as possible
5. Run with Truckee more, and encourage Adam to do the same without nagging 😉
6. Encourage more friends and family to sign up for races
7. Meet more local runners and local bloggers
8. Eat less junk food. Like, really. Sometimes I worry that my sweet tooth is a little out of control!
9. Do something with my race bibs. Put them in a scrapbook maybe? I want to be able to one day show my kids how active I was (hopefully still am) and encourage them to chase their dreams as well!
10. Be content with my race schedule. There will always be more races!
Realistic Spring 2014 Race Schedule
I already did a post on my 2014 race calendar, and now that I’ve had time to mull it over, this one looks more doable.
*MLK 5K– January 11 – Little Rock, AR – Big Dam Bridge (This is next weekend, so we’ll see how my feet feel)
Hot Chocolate 15K – February 15 – Nashville, TN – Bicentennial State Park
Little Rock Half Marathon – March 2 – Little Rock, AR – Downtown
Downtown Dash 10K – March 15 – Little Rock, AR – Downtown
Capital City Classic 10K OR Bentonville Half Marathon (still up for debate) – April 5 – Little Rock, AR or Bentonville, AR
Toad Suck 10K – May 3 – Conway, AR
Firecracker Fast 5K – July 4 – Little Rock, AR – Heights
That gets me through the first half of 2014. Far enough to think realistically, financially, and leave plenty of room to add races the second half of the year.
Realistic Spring 2014 Blogging Goals
1. Stay true to why I started this blog in the first place.
2. Grow my traffic to X/month.
3. Maintain X amount of monthly unique visitors.
4. Analyze my analytics at the end of each week, instead of several times a week.
5. Install the Yoast SEO plug-in and move away from the All in One pack.
6. Continue to improve my SEO and focus more on my local presence.
7. Post 3-4 times a week and make an editorial calendar.
8. Reach out to 5 new companies.
9. Write a guest post for a larger blog.
10. Improve my Pinterest game.
11. Use Buffer to schedule my tweets more consistently.
12. Not be afraid to put my posts out there. You can’t grow your audience if no one knows you exist.
13. Only comment on other blogs if I really mean it.
14. Make a Google+ page for my blog, and actually use it.
15. Update my Races and Favorite Gear pages to more accurately reflect the current moment.
16. Post more photos with my actual camera. I’m a professional photographer, WHY am I not already doing this? Oh, because I’m lazy that’s why.
One of the main reasons I started this blog was to not just document MY training, but to try and show how FUN it is to be active and run and compete against yourself! Anybody can run if they just give it a chance, and even if you walk/jog, that’s something! It isn’t about how fast you go, but it’s about setting goals for yourself and conquering them! Running is so unique in that it’s only about YOU, and YOU are the only person who can make those goals a reality.
Recently I was accepted into a new program and community called I’m Fit Possible. Fit Possible is all about having fun, being sassy, and promoting a healthy, active lifestyle. I love the description they have on their homepage:
I’m all about a bacon cheeseburger every now and then, or more often for that matter!
You can check out the community blog, HERE.
I’m excited to contribute to their blog, and inspire YOU to be Fit Possible!
What are your most realistic goals for fitness, blogging, or racing?
Have a good weekend!