Hi everyone! Who else is pumped it’s Friday again? I know this girl is. I think I’m still a little worn out from traveling last weekend, so I’m excited to spend this weekend resting with my two favorite people and finally taking our girly to Target. I kid you not she’s been asking to go to Target all week long.
I wanted to hop on and share a shorter pregnancy update so I can get my timing back to more of a 2-3 week schedule. We’ll see if I actually stick to it, though! After this, I’m assuming I’ll do a 18-20 week, which feels like a natural progression.We’re actually 18 weeks as of yesterday, which seems super exciting as we cruise closer to that golden halfway mark. I found weeks 16-17 to be polar opposites. In week 16 I felt great for the most part. Week 17 however, brought back some intense fatigue, some nausea, and towards the end of the week some vomiting. Which was definitely not a welcomed surprise! I’m hoping week 17 was just a weird fluke, and that week 18 and on will bring brighter days.
Flashback to my first pregnancy:
Let’s get to it –
Week 16 –
- Started taking Phenergan at night as needed. I started this right after that terrible stomach bug, and it really, really made a huge difference. I did this with Adeline too, and I found that taking it at bedtime helped me feel better the next morning.
- Had mostly good days this week. Had enough energy to cook dinner and take a few long walks!
- Peeing as much at night has slowed down a little bit.
- Sleeping with a pillow between my knees.
- Mostly same as before, but less Mexican food
- Really nothing crazy stands out
- Mostly same as before
- Chicken, like Chick Fil A or other big pieces of meat
Feeling like: Getting more and more excited, but still haven’t really ‘thought’ about it much. I think I’m waiting until we know what the baby is, and that the baby is healthy. I’ve had a few moments of sadness thinking about what it will be like when it’s not just Adeline anymore, and it’s just weird to think about. I still don’t necessarily feel bonded or attached to this baby yet, but I think it’s just because I’m still guarding my heart. I’ve also found some annoyance (and I say that lightly, and mostly sarcastically) with other pregnant women gleaming about how wonderful they feel. I’m pretty sure I’m just destined to have pukey pregnancies, ha!
- Adeline has been extra clingy and sweet this week. Multiple times at drop off she turned around and ran back to me saying, “Mommy one more hug!” or “Mommy one more kiss!” And a few times when she’d leave the house with Adam or I’d leave, she’d want to run back and give me one more hug.
- Adeline will say “baby!” when we point to my tummy and ask what it is.
- Took a few long family walks, felt SO good to start moving again. Love these moments with my little family so much.
- This week was pretty average, no real news or fun memories to report!
Gender prediction: Leaning towards girl.
Week 17 –
- Nauseous in the morning a couple times
- Feeling ‘big’ even though I’m not big at all!
- Winded going up and down stairs too quickly (embarrassing!)
- Hips and feet hurting after walking around all day
- Backaches are starting
- Threw up again towards the end of the week, had to take Phenergan again
- Wanted to lay down often
- Toasted deli sandwiches like PotBelly, Quizno’s, Schlotzsky’s (ate at PotBelly like 3 times this week, oops!)
- Merridee’s ham & cheese crescents (basically a hot ham & cheese croissant with a very light mystery sauce)
- Pizza (randomly had Pizza Hut pizza at my nephew’s birthday party and for some reason it was SO GOOD!)
- Grilled cheese + tomato soup
- Chicken still
- Fish or anything remotely weird
- Mostly same as before
Feeling like: This was a crazy week! I thought I was feeling better and them BOOM back to feeling pretty wonky. I’m getting more and more excited, especially getting to spend a few days with my family. I’ve caught myself thinking a lot about whether or not I’d even want to consider having a third baby after this one, and then I feel silly even letting my mind go there. I’m trying to stay present and focus on this one, without thinking about the future. I have no idea if our family will feel “complete” or not after this baby, but I think that’s something my heart will just have to decide. I truly can’t WAIT to find out if this is a boy or girl. I’m honestly scared of it being a boy, because I have no idea what to do with little boys!
- Flew home to Tennessee for a long weekend, felt great on both flights thankfully!
- Did some fun shopping with my mom, though mostly for Adeline’s spring clothes
- Started making an Amazon wish list and thinking more seriously about what we’ll need for the new nursery
- First time this pregnancy being asked how far along I am
- Brainstormed a few girl names (I’m pretty sure we have a boy name picked out, maybe, but girl names…this was literally the first time we really considered some names as options!)
Gender prediction: I really have no clue, because I could think of ways to justify both. If I had to choose a side, I’d probably say girl though. But now that I’ve said that, it’s obviously going to be a boy.
As usual, thanks everyone for your kind pregnancy wishes and for following along!