Good morning all!!!
This weekend was another perfect fall weekend, and I can’t wait to tell you all about it! If you follow me on Instagram, @sarah_ingle1, you’ve probably seen the gist of it 🙂
Assuming you’re a devoted Breaking Bad fan like I am and you watched the Breaking Bad finale last night, you’re probably still grieving over the fact that BB is now officially over. Sad day! Thanks to re-runs I’ve watched the finale 3 times now, and may or may not be counting down the days until the blue ray box set comes out in November! I’ll save my BB talk for another time, in case you’ve been living under a rock and have no idea what I’m talking about!
Before we do a weekend update, I’ve had this post in mind for a few weeks and I finally had the time to get it together! I think every runner out there has their wish list of fun items they’d love to treat themselves to if they could go on a giant shopping spree. Staying active and living a healthy lifestyle is a whole lot easier when you feel cute doing it and have the necessary equipment! So, these are a few of the items on my wish list!
Oh! And in case you missed it, my sweet blogging friend Joanna featured me on her blog this past Friday! Be sure and head on over to Making Mine and check it out!
My Running Gear Wist List – My Picks for the “Essential Must Haves of Fall/Winter 2013-14.”
1. Nathan QuickDraw Plus Handheld Waterbottle – I’ve been considering trying the “carry your own water” thing on long runs, but haven’t pulled the trigger on a handheld water bottle yet! After reading Dorothy’s reasoning on why SHE carries her own water, I’m even more tempted!
2. Brooks Ravenna 4’s – I’m a huge ran of the Ravennas already and I know that pretty soon my current pair is going to have to be replaced! The Ravennas have the perfect amount of support for my feet, and have never given me any trouble! I highly recommend them if your feet are as how Brooks describes them…”in between.” I’m loving the teal/lime green ones!
3. Brooks LSD Lite Jacket III – I’ve been needing a good, lightweight jacket to wear on runs when it’s cool enough to warrant that outer layer as well as maybe lightly raining or snowing. I always seem to throw on a jacket that’s obviously not meant for running, and end up feeling miserably too hot! This jacket is super light weight, wind resistant, water resistant, and even has two pockets on the back to stash your phone or keys. This jacket seems perfect for standing around waiting on a race to start! My color pick? Maybe the hot pink or the mint color that’s on sale!
4. Sprigs Banjee Wristband – I think I’ve finally found the solution to carrying shot bloks and other race essentials! This is a wristband that has a pocket on one side! Perfect! It comes in about a million colors, and can also be purchased on Amazon.
5. FlipBelt – If I didn’t go the wristband route, this waistband is also ideal! I first saw these earlier this year when my friend Ashleigh ran the Little Rock Half Marathon with me. She was able to put her phone, keys, both of our race nutrition, and gloves, and still run comfortably. She says it doesn’t ride up, and is super comfortable!
6. Old Navy Compression Mesh Capris – I recently discovered that Old Navy actually has quality running gear, and cute gear at that! I love the look of these capris, and think the little pop of color is so cute!
7. Target C9 by Champion Seamless Cami Bra – How cute are these? I know I already own every color sports bra under the sun, but what’s one more? I like the racerback look of it, and the thin straps seem flattering. Target, along with Old Navy, has some GREAT workout gear at an even better price!
8. GapFit Motion Long Sleeve T – LOVE Gap workout gear, but have never actually purchased any of it. However, when I do, I’m particularly excited about this monkey hole long sleeve shirt and the following yoga pants! I could probably own this shirt in every color it looks so comfortable! I also love that it’s slim fitting, so you don’t look as boxy!
9. GapFit gBalance Pants – Yoga pants are a girl’s best friend, and if I could wear them everyday the rest of my life, I would. The only brand I own are from Target, and I love them to death, but they’re starting to look pretty worn. I always walk by the yoga pants when I’m in Gap and tell myself that I’ll eventually purchase a pair, one day! These just look so comfortable, and I’ve never been disappointed with Gap’s quality, so I know their workout gear has to be just as good. Plus, the rollover waistband is a fantastic feature!
10. Oiselle Flyte Long Sleeve – If you’re a usual reader, then you know that I still haven’t used the Oiselle gift card I won! I’ve been waiting for the seasons to change more and decide what to order once Oiselle put their new stuff online. I think this shirt might be a winner! It’s got the thumbholes, is flattering, super cute, is wicking and antimicrobial, and says “fly” on the back shoulder. Cute, cute!
11. Oiselle Lesley Running Tight – Along with the Flyte top, I’m loving these running tights! They look super flattering, thanks to the stitching, and now have a thin fleece lining for those extra chilly runs! I’ve never run in tights like this without shorts over my booty, but I think I could handle these! Love!
12. lululemon Bliss Break Hoodie – I. Love. This. Hoodie’s are the perfect thing to throw on after a cold workout! I still don’t own anything from lulu because I keep putting off the biting of the bullet, but something like this I could maybe go big on. It looks so cozy and perfect!
13. lululemon Run: Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve– You know I love running in long sleeve shirts like this! This shirt is top-notch, super cute, flattering, and has their Silverescent technology that “inhibits the growth of odor causing bacteria.” One in every color, yes please! There’s a 1/2 zip version of this that’s also pretty cute if pullovers are your thing!
15. lululemon Groove Pant – Dream. Yoga. Pants. One day I will invest in these!
So there you have it! Just a few cute items I’ve had my eye on, and thought you may be interested in too! I always love what other runners are interested in!
And coming your way soon, this past weekend’s photo dump – so get ready! Lots of sweet niece and nephew loving, PLUS a hilly and sweat-tastic early 7 mile long run recap!
Which of these items are you loving the most? Do you own any of these? What’s on your running or active wish list?
Before I go, yesterday was Truckee’s FIRST birthday!! We treated her with an extra long shower scrub down and a quiet night at home with me snuggling. No birthday cake this year, I didn’t have time since we were gone all weekend. Next year though will be the party of the century! No doubt.