They strike again! Our favorite weeknight Mexi-meal strikes again, and is once again a crowd pleaser. I didn’t realize I’ve blogged about these twice already, but here we are again because they’re just.that.good. For the most part our weeknight dinners consist of meat and veggies, or salads, so when we opt for something a bit more flavorful like these enchiladas it feels like a treat. We also always end up going back for a slightly altered second helping, because one serving is sometimes just not enough!
I forget where I even found this recipe, years ago. Pinterest maybe? Google maybe? I really have no idea. All I know is that we’ve modified it along the way and have it just about nailed down to perfection. 3 cheesy corn tortillas, piled high with an exact formula of toppings, in an exact order.
Here’s a quick recap:
- In one small pot, warm up a can of black beans.
- In another small pot, warm up a can of green enchilada sauce, and throw in a can of diced green chiles. Stir together to combine.
- One a small skillet, start melting your shredded cheese on your corn tortillas, then stack on top of each other. We usually do 3 a piece.
- Once you’ve got your cheese tortillas stacked, pour on a generous helping of your green enchilada chile sauce.
- Sprinkle on a spoonful of black beans.
- Add a handful of diced onions.
- Add a handful of diced tomatoes.
- Add 1 scoop of your favorite salsa.
- Add a dollop of sour cream.
- Add a handful of diced avocado.
- Add tiny slivers of cilantro.
- Squeeze one slice of lime over all.
EASY! And so flavorful and delicious. The green chiles in the green enchilada sauce really make it pop, so make sure you add enough at first underneath all your toppings because as you fork off bites along the way, you’ll want to dip it into any extra green sauce!
Pro Tip: use a larger skillet to make more cheesy corn tortillas at one time!
Let me know if you make them!