Everybody says the second pregnancy just flies by and before you know it you’re halfway there, then you blink and it’s delivery day. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that is definitely not the case for us, and this pregnancy has already felt so long! I will say though that I can’t believe we’re just a few short days away from finding out the gender of this little blessing. I’m going to try my best to enjoy the weekend, but I know I won’t be able to stop thinking about out upcoming appointment on Monday!
Today is actually my 29th birthday, and I can’t think of a better way to wrap up my birthday weekend than by finding out if we’ll soon be adding a little sister or a little brother to our family! (Every time I type that I still can’t believe it and it still feels so strange. How can there possibly be another child created by us that’s different than A?? Seriously blows my mind.) I honestly go back and forth almost daily, and just can’t make up my mind. I *think* I have a gut feeling, but I just don’t know! I really think I’ll be surprised either way.
I thought it would be fun to do a last minute old wives tale gender prediction post, before it’s too late! I’ll be curious to see how accurate some of these things are! I’ve listed them below, along with what the results should yield.
Chinese Gender Calendar: BOY
- With A, it clearly said girl. So, we’ll see just how accurate it is!
Salty or Sweet: Both (boy is more salty, girl is more sweet)
- In the beginning, I lived off salty everything. But lately, I’m loving sweets!
- Girls are known to “steal their mother’s beauty” and no doubt, I have felt less than lovely this go ’round!
- I’ve had heartburn off and on since like 13/14 weeks!
- Frequent headaches say boy, and I’ve only had a few here and there, so for this one I’m guessing girl.
Pregnancy Glow: Girl
- They say boys give you that “pregnancy glow” and there ain’t NO glow goin’ on over here!
Sleep side left or right: Boy
- Boys, left. Girls, right. I was really dizzy for a few weeks and laying on my left always felt the best. And even now, I prefer my left side.
Heart rate above or below 140: Girl
- It’s been above 140 every time, specifically in the 160’s during our 10 week u/s.
Mayan calendar: Boy
Husband gaining sympathy weight: Boy
- Adam has actually lost weight!
Morning sickness: Girl
- Yes! But it’s been a little different than A in that with this pregnancy I’ve also been nauseous in between throwing up, and throwing up at random times of the day. But with A, I threw up once almost every morning like clockwork then felt fine the rest of the day. It was very much a “one and done” type sickness.
Soft or dry hands: Boy
- Oily skin typically means girl, and dry skin typically means boy. I would say my skin has been mostly dry, but it also might just be because Texas has been really dry this winter?
Graceful or clumsy: Boy
Blood pressure before conceiving: Girl
- I read that the higher your blood pressure is prior to conceiving, the more likely it is you’re having a boy. My blood pressure is typically pretty low, or on the lower side of average, so I would say girl.
Mood swings/ Moody vs. Mellow: Both
- This one is hard to answer because in the beginning I would say moody and mean, but now I would maybe say mellow. I think I was a lot more emotional with A.
Adeline prediction: As of today, Boy
- In the beginning, she’d say “little sister” but now when I ask her what’s in my belly she says “boy!”
Linea Nigra: Girl
- Girl if it stays below your belly button, boy if it goes above. I BARELY even noticed it at all with A, and this time I haven’t noticed it yet either.
General consensus: I’ve gotten lots of GIRL guesses!
Grandmother prediction: Girl from one, Boy from the other
Dreams: One of each
True gut feeling: If I had to pick a side, I’d say Girl
UPDATE: we actually found out baby is a BOY!!!
Any last minute guesses?