I usually say that summer seems to fly by, but this summer seems to have gone by just as I’d expect it to. It’s been a busy, hot one, but it’s also been super sweet, and memorable. It was our first summer having two kids, and towards the end of the summer, it also became the first summer with two very mobile kids! AH!
With Labor Day weekend officially here, and September literally right around the corner, I am saying farewell to one of my favorite summers yet. But, I won’t lie – I’m also saying hey girl hey to FALL! My heart can barely handle the thought of chasing both kids through the pumpkin patches and I’m already daydreaming of doing all the fall things and going totally overboard in every way!
Before we totally close the door on summer though, I thought I’d do a quick recap of my favorite moments of summer 2019, as seen on the blog. My blog is often a family yearbook of sorts, and I love documenting our lives throughout every season. There was definitely a pretty obvious decrease in posts this summer, and I think part of that is simply because we’re still figuring out our groove as a family of four, and I’m still figuring out how my blogging time fits into that. So, with that said, here were some of my favorite more personal posts and moments from May through August 2019.
- Adeline turned 3.5 years old and I wrote her a letter.
- Barrett and I spent some precious moments together in his nursery.
- My 4th Mother’s Day was the sweetest!
- We really started to love our little summer backyard oasis.
- We took family photos to celebrate Barrett turning 9 months old.
- We went on our first date night with a babysitter!
- We braved the heat and went to our first Texas Rangers baseball game!
- Our 7 year anniversary came and went as quickly as the past 7 years did.
- Our week in Franklin filled my cup and made my heart soar.
- I cried one too many times putting Barrett to bed.
- Adam and I attended a military retirement ceremony and Adeline turned into a fish.
- Adam ran a 25K and rocked it.
- I painted our fireplace and planted a new crepe myrtle!
- We celebrated our first Fourth of July as a family of four.
- We spent a full week at St. George Island with my family.
- Barrett turned ONE!
- Adeline ran in her first 1 mile fun run.
- We celebrated Barrett at home with a Waffle House party.
August ain’t over yet, folks! We’ve still got some memories to make, and I intend on having a pretty great weekend to wrap up the month. We actually don’t have plans, but I’m sure there will be some projects, and probably some last minute swimming.
I’ll be back next week to finish recapping our big beach trip with Part 2 and possibly Part 3. I need to finish going through our pictures, and narrow them down a bit. I’m also still waiting to get our family photos back from our photographer, and I think I’m dying a slow death patiently awaiting them. I think they’re going to be amazing, and I cannot wait to get my hands on them!
I hope you have a great Labor Day weekend, and truly relax and unwind with your friends and loved ones. Stay safe, everyone!
What are your Labor Day plans? What was your favorite moment of Summer 2019?