First things first, congrats to Nela who is the winner of the Drink Iconic giveaway!!
Nela has been contacted. A huge thank you to everyone who entered and checked out Iconic’s products!
Last night I headed to the gym with one goal in mind: bike 10 miles in 45 minutes, or as fast as possible. I knew I was still a little sore, and if I’m being really honest, pretty full feeling from all the food I ate over the weekend, so I wasn’t really in the mood to bounce around on the treadmill. I knew hopping on the bike would get me a sweaty workout, and still be time efficient. Lucky for me, my favorite show to watch at the gym (Wheel of Fortune!) was on, so I was pretty distracted the whole time. I set my bike on a Variety setting, then upped the resistance for added toughness. It felt SO good to sweat – definitely much needed! I’ll be reviewing that cute top soon, AND giving you a promo code if you’d like one of your own!
Tips For Keeping the Men in Your Life Healthy!
If you’re anything like me, then most men in your life seem to have a beard year ’round. And if that’s the case, then you’re fully aware of No Shave November – the one time of the year when husbands, boyfriends, and manly men everywhere stop shaving and trimming their beards for a solid month, all for the sake of raising awareness for men’s health. I think it’s a great cause, and after checking out the Movember Foundation website, I was super impressed with many programs they fundraise for and work to support.
I think sometimes I get so focused on my own health, that I forget to also focus on my husband’s health. After all, we are a team at this little thing called life, and we both need to be at our best! So, here are a few of my tips for keeping those men in your life healthy, and ways to encourage them along the way!
1. Fish oils – Men are much more likely to have played contact sports in high school, so it’s important to continue to support their joints. My husband in particular played football in high school, so I know for sure his joints took a bit of a beating! Fish oil supplements are a great way to help reduce pain and stiffness.
2. Be aware of Prostate Cancer – Prostate Cancer runs in my husband’s family, so we have done plenty of research on ways to help prevent it in the future. I had never batted an eyelash at the disease until I met my husband, but it’s one of the most common cancers among men and it’s estimated that 1 out of every 7 men will develop it at some point in their life. Be sure and read up on ways to be proactive against preventing it, and know the warning signs.
3. Get him moving to prevent Heart Disease. Heart Disease is the number ONE killer of men in the U.S. (and women). Get your men moving to help encourage a healthy and strong ticker! And his arteries, don’t forget about the arteries!
4. What you eat, he’ll eat. If your wifely duty is buying groceries and meal planning, be sure to think about food that’s good for the both of you. For instance, I know I run way more than my husband so I tend to be more leniant with buttery casseroles and pizza more often. But, my husband’s metabolism just isn’t like mine, so I need to remember to cook healthy for the BOTH of us, because what I eat, he’ll eat. And if I want him to eat healthy and be surrounded by healthy food, then it starts with ME making good choices at the grocery store!
5. Motivate him. If your man isn’t big on exercise, and only exercises to make you happy or because you guilt him into it, find out what really motivates him and maybe he’ll be more likely to actually enjoy it. He probably won’t be motivated to go workout if you’re constantly dropping hints like, “baaaaaabe, I think maybe you should go with me to the gym, hint hint, when’s the last time you actually worked out? Your belly is looking a liiiiiitle big these days.” Whomp whomp, I can guarantee he’ll be like, thanks but no thanks. Instead, try “baaaaaabe, if you go to the gym with me, run a couple miles and do a few kettle bells, I’ll give you a really good back scratch and maybe a foot massage.” I bet he’ll be more encouraged to go workout since he’ll have something that he’ll be working towards!
Now, LARABAR has spent the past month focusing on men’s health. And lucky for you, they’re giving away this amazing goodie bag of all things LARABAR to one of my readers!
LARABARS are a perfect sized snack, and “is a delicious gluten free blend of unsweetened fruits, nuts, and spices. Made from whole food, each indulgent flavor contains no more than nine ingredients – minimally processed, and as close to their natural state as possible.” The granola is also grain free and gluten free.
Basically, they’re delicious ya’ll, and are great to keep on hand when you need a healthy, substantial snack. My husband and I both love LB’s amazing flavors, and have gone through our sample pack crazy fast!
All you need to do is enter using the Rafflecopter below. A winner will be chosen one week from today, December 9th.