Happy 3 Day Weekend Recovery Day!
This Memorial Day weekend was everything I hoped it would be. We spent a ridiculous amount of time at the pool, got some to-do’s done, and hung out together. It was seriously one of those weekends I wished didn’t have to end, but here we are in another work week. At least we’re starting out on a Tuesday though, right??
I know I’ve said it a hundred times, but I’ll say it again. We are LOVING this stage right now, and everything about 2.5. There just aren’t enough words to describe how much I love the little person Adeline is turning into, and everything she does I wish I could either take a picture of or record. Sure she has her tough moments, and believe me, sometimes we’re all near tears by the time bedtime finally rolls around, but we both always come back to, “she’s really the sweetest 99% of the time!!” I swear she’s the cutest freaking thing on the face of the planet. #totallynotbiasedoranything
I think we might spend the entire summer at the pool, ya’ll. I always wished we had a neighborhood pool growing up and now we have a quaint little one just 6 houses down! It’s seriously a toddler parent dream. It’s nothing fancy, or huge, but it’s just right. I loved walking Adeline down to it in her wagon this weekend and it made my heart so happy. GAH life is good, and as much as I want this summer to fly by, I hope it lasts forever because my sweet little girly girl and her mother are having the time of their lives. Hearing her say, “Mommy I do it myself!” or “Mommy I wan swim wif you!” or “Mommy come on come down here I wan jump to you!” makes me want to EAT HER UP.
This post is mainly for my own memory book, so I thought I’d simply compile my favorite photos and moments from this weekend. Life is moving by outrageously fast, which reminds me I never did a 2.5 year update for Adeline! Need to get on that!
Sorry not sorry for the mom gushing, but life is all about this girl right now and I can’t complain!
Notable weekend mentions:
- Her first braid!! Followed by a braid every day because now she’s obsessed.
- At church she said, “Daddy I go bible class now!” and we both just melt every time.
- Grabbing my belly in the pool so baby brother doesn’t “float away.”
- Meeting Buc-ee Beaver at Buc-ees with Daddy and literally LOSING HER MIND. You’d have thought she met Mickey Mouse.
- Devouring her ice cream sandwich on Memorial Day.
- Watching her little legs kick under her like a little motorboat.
- She learned to roll down the window in the car all by herself and now loves to ride around with her foot out the window.
- Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk. Her conversations and songs are hilarious and the cutest ever.
- How badly she wanted a headband after having her hair braided.
- Reading books on the playroom floor with Daddy and Truckee. “Mommy tuck us in!”
- Her new sandals that she’s deemed her “water shoes.”
How was your weekend? What would you mom-gush about?