Oh hey there! Long time no talk. I didn’t mean to take a blogging break, but…life. This week has been A WEEK, let me just tell you. If we’d had one more day of disaster, I was almost ready to call in the reinforcements for help. AKA the grandparents.
Monday, Adam was sick. Tuesday, Adeline woke up with pink eye, which meant a trip to the pediatrician and staying home from school, so I took the day off so I could focus on taking care of her. Wednesday, I woke up throwing up at 4 am, which then continued until 8 am, which then turned into being dehydrated and fainting at the walk-in clinic. All while Adam did his best to wrangle Adeline between driving me to the clinic, and picking me up because school still wouldn’t allow her back. Wednesday afternoon/night I basically was on my death-bed, passed out to the world, and completely useless. Thankfully, God is good and Thursday morning we all woke up *fairly* back to normal, although still pretty tired and sluggish.
And here we are! FriYAY praise Jesus!!!!!! Needless to say, I haven’t even thought about blogging. But maybe that’s a good thing? Sometimes it’s nice to take a little break, even if it’s not exactly by choice!
So let’s play catch up. Here are a few things we’ve been loving this week. Other than the backs of our eyelids, of course. Ha!
- Adeline’s wild child personality that is just ridiculous most days! She seriously cracks us up. A part of me still can’t believe we MADE her, and that at one point in time we didn’t know her. It’s just crazy! She is such a little girl now and I love it so much!
- Giant Elmo! I bought her this (practically!) life-size Elmo at the huge consignment sale I went to last weekend and she cannot get enough of him! Or it? Is Elmo a HE? Who really knows. Anyways, Elmo is essentially her hero right now, and this huge muppet gets carried around the house constantly! Oh, and he talks! It’s hilarious!
- Dr. Pepper addiction meet La Croix. I’m trying really hard, for the billionth time, to nix my Dr. Pepper habit. It’s just too much sugar on a regular basis that I don’t need, and I was starting to get INSANE cravings for it. I’m currently obsessed with the Cherry Lime flavor. SO GOOD!!
- Girly dump truck and car. Adam found these two cuties on Amazon the other day during a flash sale and I’m so glad he snatched them up! The brand is Green Toys, and they’re made from 100% recycled materials. I’ve seen Green Toys around but have never bought any for Adeline, but now I’m sold! They are absolutely adorable, lightweight, and she’s already loving saying, “vroom vroom!”
- Jelly sandals for summer! I bought these for $5 at the same consignment sale, and I’m so glad I did! I’d been wanting to find some jellies for Adeline but I was worried how she’d like them. She’s gotten really picky with her shoes lately, is that just toddler normal?? These are actually from Old Navy, so since she likes them, I’m thinking I need to stock up on all the colors!
- School portraits. I. Just. Can’t. Even. My sweet angel baby is just too much. I think I’ll probably purchase the second from the left on the bottom row. I love that you can see her little hands, but really I love them all. I’m counting it as a win that she wasn’t screaming!
Hooray for the weekend, because Lord knows this mama needs some rest. Of course, I say that every Friday I think. When are we going to do away with Monday-Thursday and just have Friday-Sunday? I’m still all for that idea.
What are you loving lately? Weekend plans? Is it starting to finally feel like spring where you are, or have you already moved into summer mode?