Merry Christmas Eve-Eve!
Today’s post is short and sweet, but I have several fun posts lined up for the rest of the week and next week! Linking up today for another marvelous Monday with Katie!
Since procrastination is my middle name, and I’ll be out with the crowds in Little Rock tonight, today I’m sharing my ideas for last minute gifts for the runner in your life!
These aren’t just for 2013, this list could work for any holiday, birthday, or year!
How cute are those outfits??
2. Nail Polish. This may seem random or redundant to some, but runners are always fighting the battle of the toe-nails, so it’s nice to spruce up your feet every now and then!
I have been loving Essie lately, here is their Winter lineup of newest colors:
Don’t forget the clear top coat though! Target always has a huge selection of colors.
3. A grab bag of race day nutrition. Clif Bars, Shot Bloks, Luna Bars, KIND Bars, GU. Put together a little goodie bag full of “snacks” for runners. These are always a pain to remember to stock up on, so help a runner out!
4. Headbands! Runners are constantly trying to keep their hair out of their faces, and if they’re anything like me, they’re constantly misplacing their headbands! Pick out a couple cute ones and tie them up with some cute ribbon. Running shops, boutiques, or even Target you can find cute headbands. I recently wrote about some that I picked up at a local holiday craft fair, and I love them.
There are countless brands that produce great headbands, and countless “knock-offs” you can find on Etsy or online. Here are just a few.
Love Bic Bands! Each month the company chooses a different charity to give back to.
I don’t have any “Sweaty Bands” specifically, but I’ve noticed several of our local running shops carry them!
I LOVE my Bondi Band…I have one that says “Suck it up, Cupcake!”
These are fantastic, though I do sometimes have to use a bobbi pin in the back to keep it from slipping.
5. Socks. And not just running socks! I am always trying to find a REGULAR pair of socks, or locate a pair of tall boot socks that aren’t compression socks. Target has tons of cute tall socks, Loft has several boot socks right now, and almost any clothing store always has a super cute display of socks around the holidays! It would be a random gift, but useful! Plus, each pair is under $10, tie up a few pairs, throw them in a cute bag, and call it a day!
6. An “everything-running-box”. I am always struggling to keep all of my running and race day accessories in ONE place, in ONE room in the house, so that when I need to grab something fast, I’m not searching all over the house for it. Try going to Container Store and picking out a cute box, then throwing in a few of the above mentioned items, and presenting it to your favorite runner with a cute little label explaining what it’s for. I would love to have a “running station” somewhere in my house, it’s a great way to keep track of everything! Or, how about a small, thin box that your runner could safely store their race bibs in. Instead of letting those bibs get wrinkled and potentially thrown away, store them away in a safe container, away from children and other hazardous potentials!
I love this large jute bib..perfect for throwing in your perfect outfit and accessories as you start packing for a big race! Keeping everything in ONE place is key to not forgetting anything!
How cute would all of your race day accessories look in this? Shot bloks in one compartment, favorite socks in another, headbands in another.
A simple file box would make a perfect storage unit for race-bibs.
What would you add to the list? Do you have big plans this week?
My husband and I are taking it easy and enjoying our second Christmas together in our home on Wednesday 🙂