Happy Happy Friday! While we’re still in New Year mode, I wanted to quickly jot down my goals for 2020. I feel like through the years my list of goals or resolutions has gotten more refined, realistic, and well, very adult-ish. I am an enneagram type 3 to my very core, so making lists of goals IS MY JAM and I often overload my plate with many things I hope to accomplish, all at once. And while I used to see that as a fault, I’m learning that it’s simply just a part of my personality, and how I’m wired. So, goal-making we meet again!
Here are my 2020 goals:
- For sure run half marathon #9 and maybe #10. I’m currently sitting at 8 half marathons, and before we even consider a third baby (key word here being consider!) I’d like to round it out to 10.
- Not get pregnant or EVEN REMOTELY THINK ABOUT IT until Barrett turns 2. This should speak for itself, but I cannot even fathom having another baby right now! Life is so, so good right now and I’m really enjoying feeling like myself again.
- Run twice a week and track my mileage. I would really like to get into a routine of running twice, and doing a garage workout once. I really think that’s about all I can handle with our current schedules.
- Continue with Beautycounter but low-key. I debated maybe not re-upping my consultant status simply for the sake of making time for some other things, but honestly, I love the products too much to forego the discount!
- Buy a new (used) bigger SUV to replace my Escape. I’d really love to find a gently used GMC Acadia! You have the option of doing captain’s chairs in the second row and there’s a third row which is exactly what I want. I refuse to go the minivan route ha!
- Stay at my current weight or below. I finally weigh right under my pre-pregnancy weight and I feel GOOD. I’m hoping to continue running, add in more strength training, keep building out our home gym, and cut back on Dr. Pepper.
- Spend more 1:1 time with Adeline. Slumber parties with her have become one of our favorite things and I’d love to have one with her once a month. She loves staying up late with Mommy, curling up together with a good book, and watching a movie in bed before we fall asleep. It’s the best!
- Blog 1-2x a week and no more than that. Blogging right now is just really, really difficult! I thought I’d be able to handle it more but I just can’t. I’ve thought about ending the blog, but it’s been such a big part of my life I can’t justify saying goodbye yet!
- Take Adeline to Disney’s Magic Kingdom for her 5th birthday. My mom and I have talked about doing a quick girl’s weekend for her, but who knows if it will actually pan out. Obviously I want to take our entire family, but I want to make sure Adeline gets to go while everything is still magical for her. HOW FUN WOULD THAT BE?!
- 1 date night a month with Adam. We’ve gotten pretty good at this now that we’ve expanded our babysitter clientele, but it also requires us to really be intentional about it!
- Get caught up on my one-line-a-day journal through the end of 2019. I often forget to actually write in it at night and just type it up in my phone instead. So now I’ve got a notes doc with about three months worth of memories I need to transcribe back into my book!
- Re-do our countertops and backsplash. I think this year we’ll finally go for it! I’m itching to have a light granite countertop with a simple white subway tile backsplash installed.
- Financially – keep our savings account at XYZ and not let it dip below. Cut way back on what we spend eating out. Use cash more often. Pay off Adam’s truck. You know, the fun stuff.
- Do a family hike at least once a month. Whenever we make the effort to get outside and do something fun, we always leave wishing we did it more. It’s always worth it!
And there we have it!
What are some of your 2020 goals?