Happy Friday! It’s been a busy and super fun week and I’m popping in to share the highlight reel. Adeline and I have spent the past five days in Tennessee at my parent’s house because we welcomed a new baby into the family! Sutton James was born early Sunday morning, so we’ve spent the week squeezing in as much nephew loving as we can! Adeline has been such a little ham all week and has had the time of her life playing with my parents. I still worked all week, but took a vacation day yesterday to spend the day helping out with the new baby. I’m so glad we were able to come and spend longer than a weekend – it’s certainly been a special trip! Adeline has turned into quite the little road warrior, and I think it’s safe to say she loved her girls only road trip. We are both worn out though, and ready to get home to Adam and Truckee for a few days before heading back for the big Christmas holiday!
Here’s a quick sentence-per-picture recap of our stay!
- I met Mr Sutton James at the hospital Sunday night and he was just the sweetest thing! Like all mothers say, “I forget how tiny they are!”
- Monday morning, Adeline woke up ready to play and explore Grammy and PDaddy’s house. She loved checking out the woods!
- Obsessed with this mint sherpa pullover I got Adeline – literally the softest outfit ever!
- While I worked, my mom watched Adeline but more often than not she wanted to see what mommy was doing! (That cheese ball smile, I just can’t. She melts me!)
- We went to see Sutton after my brother and SIL got home, and I laughed at the contrast in this picture – a newborn and a tiny tornado. Excellent birth control, ha!
- We are all smitten over Sutton’s dark hair!
- Adeline loved playing at Uncle Daniel and Auntie Jennifer’s house while we loved on Sutton, but she looks a little unsure of things here! So special seeing our family grow!
- Wednesday morning, Adeline woke up at the butt crack of dawn but fell back asleep on ME for a couple hours. She NEVER does this!
- Reading books with Grammy on the kitchen floor. When she brings you a book and wants you to read it to her, you drop everything and do it!
- Adeline has really gotten into a great nap schedule – she’s been killing her late afternoon naps!
- Driving through my old stomping grounds – some things haven’t changed, Main Street is still one of my favorite places.
- True friends go to dinner with you while your toddler throws food all over the floor and watches three episodes of Elmo’s World on your phone.
- Downtown Franklin is the prettiest.
- Thursday I spent the day over at my brother and SIL’s to help with Sutton. He’s the cuddliest!
- I did some fun newborn photos of him and I can’t wait to go through them!
- Because every December baby needs a stocking photo.
- Auntie life is the best.
- Adeline (Miss Claus) loved going through Grammy’s house and pointing at all the Santas. (The low dangling ornament balls are compliments of Henry)
- Miss Claus also loved Grammy’s white tree!
- We surprised her great-grandmother for dinner at her new place. So sweet.
- To cap off the week, my dad and I went Christmas shopping together for the first time in probably four years! We used to spend a night at the mall together every Christmas time but just haven’t been able to since I got married and moved away! We made it happen again last night, and I think we both had fun!
In case you missed it…
Are you finished with your Christmas shopping? What was the highlight of your week? When does your holiday vacation start?