This weekend was a doozy, but unfortunately I was having too much fun to remember to take many pictures. I met my parents at a friend’s house in Memphis, then rode with them back home to Franklin, and was able to accomplish just about everything on my to-do list for the weekend. Here are the highlights from the trip, bullet point style, before we get into chatting about some super cute purchases!
- Spent most of Saturday morning/afternoon out shopping and grabbing lunch with my mom. Probably one of our last shopping trips just the TWO of us girls!
- Saturday night my grandparents and brother, sister in law, and nephew all came over for a cookout to celebrate my dad’s birthday.
- Sunday, went to church with my parents, breakfast, came home and napped for 2 hours (!!!), then did a little more shopping with my mom.
- Sunday afternoon (back home), Adam painted the nursery!!!! Huge husband points!
- Sunday night, we all had dinner and hung out at my brother’s house for a few hours. Henry showed off his new pool and water toys outside and it was the cutest thing everrrrrrr.
- Sunday night late, I met my close girlfriends for fro-yo and a catch up date before babies start appearing! One of the girls is due next month, so it’s officially countdown to baby! I’m kicking myself for not getting a picture of all of us, since next time we’re all together, there will be a 2 month old and I’ll be just about ready to pop! One of the girls gifted me two of the CUTEST newborn onesies and a little book, and I can’t wait to see her in them!
- Monday, I got packed up and we headed back to Memphis to pick up my car, then I drove home to Little Rock. Thankfully I got home before a bad line of storms hit, and Adam, Truckee, and I spent the evening hunkered down in the hallway listening to tornado sirens. Yikes!
This weekend was full of sentimental moments as well, and the gifting of several sweet hand me downs for baby girl. To start, my mom dug out all of my baby bonnets, baby dresses, baby blankets, and books to go through and pick out what I might want to use for Baby Ingle. Some of the dresses are just too cute, and one of them was even the dress I wore home from the hospital (we think, ha!). Once she gets them cleaned, and I decide on the blankets and books I’ll have to share! Here’s a picture of the bonnets to start…
My grandmother also gave me a bag of sentimental goodies for baby girl, including a quilt she handmade for my dad, my grandfather’s baby blanket, and few more little girl dresses and one of my nightgowns from when I used to stay over at their house. Here’s the quilt she made…LOVE it.
Aside from the oldies, my mom and I officially started Baby Ingle’s wardrobe! She will for sure have enough clothes for her first few days of life!
We first hit up Old Navy, mainly to grab me a few things, but also came across the cutest ruffled-bottom baby leggings and two little cardigans for her to wear this fall. We had to remember that she’ll need fall/winter clothes for probably her first 6 months. So for the most part, short sleeve tops or dresses will need to be sized at least 6 months or bigger, and that will be around April. So logistically, it’s hard to plan a wardrobe based on what we THINK she might be wearing when!
Next we went to a new Carter’s store, and hit the jackpot. The entire store was 50% off, so we stocked up! We mainly picked up essentials like white long sleeve onesies, socks, long sleeve sleepers, etc, but also picked up some cute outfits and accessories. Here’s a look at a few of my favorite pieces we picked up! This is only about half of what we found, but the rest is already put away in her soon to be closet.
The bottom two things might be my favorites of my favorites so far – fox receiving blankets, and a pink fuzzy bear hooded blanket! Can’t. Wait. To. Snuggle. Her!!!
We picked up a couple little things at Target as well, and my mom helped me think a little more seriously about what might be good to register for. I’m thinking we probably won’t start a registry until early August or late July, especially since Target stuff can be so seasonal.
Lastly, we procured baby girl’s rug for the nursery! I was so excited!!!! It’s exactly what I wanted, and my mom had just happened to see it a few weeks ago so we went back and snatched it up. I don’t have a picture of it, but it’s a large rectangular white shag/fuzzy rug.
Annnnd that about wraps up the weekend! It was quite productive to say the least!