There’s no question October is my favorite month of the year. Not only is it my husband’s birthday month, and my sister-in-law’s birthday month, and my daughter’s birthday month, but it’s also the most beautiful month of the year! There’s absolutely no denying that. It’s the one month out of the year when we purposefully try to map out every weekend, and complete a fall bucket list. There are only so many weekends in October, and we like to fill them all to max capacity to take advantage of all things pumpkin, colorful leaves, festivals, apple cider, corn mazes, and sweet, sweet family time. It’s the second most magical time of the year, next to Christmas.
Our bucket list this October isn’t too extensive, because we’re still dipping in our toes in this new Texas lifestyle, but I’ve got a few things I’m hoping to make happen! Ok, maybe like every pumpkin patch in the entire metroplex, but that’s totally doable, right?
- Visit 1 pumpkin patch a weekend. I’m for real ya’ll. I’ve got 4 picked out! I know at least one has a corn maze, so maybe we’ll let Adeline run off some energy through it!
- Host a pumpkin spice party, with new friends, family, doesn’t matter. We just want to get together and celebrate the season!
- Buy a fire pit and teach Adeline how to roast marshmallows. And eat all the s’mores.
- Spend October 22 doing things Adeline would LOVE. I want to dedicate the day to our big girl and just make it a day full of memories!
- Throw Adeline a 2nd birthday party and soak up the day with family. I’ve got a theme picked out and I think it’s going to be perfect!
- Take Adeline’s 2 year old photos and family photos. Also, knock out our Christmas card photos.
- Trick or Treat for the first time, with our wagon, and dress up as a family. We’ve got part of Adeline’s costume, but I need to finish making it and find costumes for me and Adam!
Easy, right? I’m sure there’s more but I think I’ve got the basics down. I know we want to do something fun for Adam’s birthday, and try to get away for a date night or two as well, so we’ll see! Oh, and carve pumpkins with Adeline for the first time!
Bring it on, Fall!
What’s one thing on your Fall bucket list?