I’ve got a fun review for you today!
Fitness tracking devices seem to be all the rage these days. But what about just a simple app that will help you keep track of your exercise, AND reward you for it?
Every-Move, a Fitness App with Rewards
Thanks to my partnership with Fit Approach, I, along with several other Sweat Pink sistas, are giving you our feedback on the new fitness app, EveryMove. It really is the simplest of concepts, and I’m wondering why I didn’t think of this first?!
Here’s a little bit about the app!
“EveryMove is on a mission to get the millions of Americans who are investing in their health the recognition and real-life rewards they deserve! Join an infectious, can-do community of EveryMovers who use their favorite tracking devices and apps to earn points for their active days. Our patent-pending EveryMove points system translates hundreds of different physical activities into a common metric, which allows users the freedom to switch up their tracking devices and workouts and interact with friends, no matter how they choose to move.”
Not only can you “sweat for rewards” but you can also sweat for a charity! How cool is that? If you struggle with staying motivated to exercise, Every Move makes it easy – you can earn a fun reward for yourself, or make a charitable donation and make a huge impact on someone else’s life.
Even if you already have a Jawbone, or a FitBit, etc, you can seamlessly sync up your fitness tracker with EveryMove and keep all of your information in one easy-to-use place. What’s even better is you can also connect with friends, co-workers, family, and others in your community. Being able to sweat together, and encourage one another, makes living an active lifestyle, and keeping track of it, a little more fun! You can also compete with one another! Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition, right? Once you’ve entered in your exercise of choice, anything from yoga to yard work to running to swimming, you and your friends will earn badges, levels, active day bonuses, offers and discounts from brands, and even charitable donation opportunities.
I think the biggest “selling point” for me with Every Move is that their points system works for just about ANY type of exercise! Ya’ll know I’m a huge proponent of re-thinking what “living an active lifestyle” really means. Just getting outside, doing yard work, hiking, walking your dog, walking around at the farmer’s market, should be counted as exercise and not overlooked! If running a race every weekend doesn’t fit your style, just making an effort to move around more, getting that heart rate up, and getting some fresh air can do wonders for your health! I don’t want people to be discouraged because they can’t run, or they don’t have time to bike all the time, but rather I want people to be encouraged to find what type of activity best suits them. My favorite way to #sweatpink is to run, but your favorite way might be to run around the park with your grandkids, or even have a dance party with your friends. Exercise can take many different forms, and Every Move makes it a point to include a wide variety of activities! Once you find what form of exercise works best for YOU, you will be much more likely to stick to it, enjoy it, and reap the benefits!
Let’s take a walk through the app together, shall we?
1. Simply download EveryMove from the iTunes Store on your iPhone, or iTunes library (Android compatible as well)
2. All of the prompts are very user friendly, and self-explanatory. Seriously, a monkey could enter his information, so fear not! Basically, it will first walk you through some simple set up to personalize your app. I opted to log-in through my Facebook account, so it was able to auto-populate my information. Next, you will also select what you want to exercise for (what will your reward be or what charity would you like to sweat for). You will also be prompted to either sync your devices or connect with friends. Then, you’re ready to Add Activities!
Along with these devices, you can connect other popular apps like Map My Run.
The app will start you off with 300 points! Whoop whoop!
3. It will ask you what activity you did, then you’ll scroll through what feels like an infinite list of activities. You’ll select what you did, then enter your time and distance, or whichever applies. Then, hit Post. It will then award you your Points. Your points are what you will work on accumulating and how you will earn your rewards. For the example below, I did “hip hop abs” for 20 minutes, and was awarded 9 points. I’m not really sure what hip hop abs consists of, but it sounds like something I’ve seriously been missing out on!
4. All of your activities will be kept in your Active Days log, which will be like a fun fitness diary. I find that I work out more when I have my exercise documented. It motivates me to improve, and reminds me either how far I’ve come, or how far I still need to go.
5. Keep adding your activities, and keep racking up your points! Before you know it, you’ll be earning rewards in no time! Make sure you log your exercise pretty soon after it occurs. The app will only log it if it was within the past 72 hours.
Got it?! Now go get your sweat on.
Be sure and follow Every Move and Fit Approach on the socials, and be sure to tell them how awesome they are!
Have you heard of Every Move? Does this look like something you might use? Do you think it would be fun to be able to “compete” or keep up with your friends’ exercise too?