Happy Friday! And Happy February 1! It’s hard to believe it’s already Feburary, even though I’m pretty sure January was approximately 87 years long. Anyone else feel that way like, every year? I’m already itching for springtime, that’s for sure!
I haven’t shared too much about Beautycounter over here on the blog since my big announcement, mainly for fear of intermixing the two too much and annoying you guys with something you honestly just may not be interested in. But, in the spirit of being brave, and continuing to step out of my comfort zone, and confidently marching towards the big 3-0, I thought I’d hop on and share a bit more. And quite frankly, becoming a ‘Consultant’ for Beautycounter has really just meant slapping a label on something I’ve already been doing for 3 years, and maybe earning a little extra spending money for the kids along the way. You already know I’m passionate about their mission, and the quality and safety of their products, so I’m hoping by me sharing occasionally on the blog I’m not going to run you off. It’s a part of my life I finally feel comfortable talking about and sharing, without fear of being judged by strangers on the internet. Joining the movement of helping to get safer products into the hands of everyone, and being a part of advocating for safer beauty laws, is not only going to effect me, but also my daughter, and entire family. Change has already begun in the industry, and my hope is that by the time Adeline is old enough to start wearing makeup, she won’t have to worry about what’s in her products, and mama won’t either!
Ok, so, with Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I’ve put together a list of easy Beautycounter gifts for yourself, your kids, your spouse, that are all under $50. Some of these products I own and currently use, and some are on my wish-list! I feel like it can be super overwhelming to try out a new brand or company, especially if you just aren’t familiar with it at all. And with beauty and skincare products, we’re often so stuck in our usual routine, that it can be hard to break out of it. Making the switch to safer and cleaner products doesn’t just happen overnight, and doesn’t have to happen all at once. I’m all for baby steps, and making small changes over time. I mean goodness, it’s taken me almost 3 years now to switch out most of my own daily products, excluding things like shampoo and body wash, which are on my to-do list! And just to be as real as possible, ya’ll, I am not perfect! I still use plastic straws, let Adeline take bubble baths in soaps that contain God knows what, don’t recycle as much as I should, use a cheap drugstore eye liner, and probably-toxic makeup remover face wipes. But, I’m working on it, one thing at a time, and educating myself along the way. And really, that’s all we can do, you know? Knowledge is power. So don’t feel like I’m sitting over here saving the Earth on a daily basis, because I promise I am just like you! Thankfully, Beautycounter takes the guesswork out of research, and I can rest easy knowing they’ve done all the hard work for me.
Now, here are my picks for $50 and under Beautycounter gifts for Valentine’s Day. Treat yourself, treat your spouse, treat your kids – give the gift of safer beauty. I challenge you to pick one item from each category to consider swapping out in you or a family member’s daily routine. Small steps add up over time, and starting with something as simple as a body lotion or lip gloss can be just the motivation you need to keep going.
- Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation – $42
- Touchup Skin Concealer Pen – $33 (Not exactly a romantic gift idea, but I swear by this concealer! And, concealer, like foundation, is a product that sits on your skin all day long, so you definitely want to consider what’s in it.)
- Lip Gloss -$29
- Lip Conditioner in Calendula/Peppermint – $22
- My Wish List Item: Velvet Eyeshadow Palette, Romantic – $50
- Hydrating Body Lotion in Citrus Mimosa – $25
- Countersun Mineral Suncreen Stick SPF 30 – $20 (We like to keep one of these in our pool bag and one in my purse all summer long and use it on Adeline’s face on the go! She loves applying it herself, even! I’ll also use it on my face sometimes in the summer before I put on my daily face regimen since most of my makeup products don’t contain SPF. Especially on days when I know I’m going to be out in the sun a lot. I also used it on my face before heading out for long sunny walks while I was pregnant. It’s a tiny little thing, but mighty!)
- Charcoal Cleansing Bar – $25
- Nourishing Cream Cleanser – $28 (The BEST face wash!)
- My Wish List Item: Body Wash in Citrus Mimosa – $25
- Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion – $49 (New favorite everyday face moisturizer!)
- Nourishing Day Cream – $45 (This is part of their original line, and what I used for almost 3 years, along with a few drops of the #1 Brightening Face Oil! It’s very basic, but a good simple moisturizer to start out with.)
- Overnight Resurfacing Peel Travel Size – $45
- Countermatch Eye Rescue Cream – $39 (I’ve been using this eye cream during the day if I feel like I need a little help in the puffy eye dept, but I prefer the more expensive Rejuvenating Eye Cream at night.)
- My Wish List Item: One Step Makeup Remover Wipes – $20
- Counterman Oil-Free Face Lotion – $32
- Counterman Conditioning Beard Oil – $30
- My Wish List Item: Counterman Energizing Charcoal Body Wash – $25
For The Littles:
- Kids Bath Collection – $45
- Baby Daily Protective Balm – $22
- My Wish List Item: Baby Soothing Oil – $22
- Brush Bag – $18 (I 100% need to take better care of my makeup brushes and clean them on a more regular basis. This is a huge fail for me!)
Let me know if you’d like to try something, or have any questions! As always, no pressure from me!
We’ve got another slow weekend planned, and I’m hoping in squeeze in a couple runs. Adam and I both signed up for the Dallas Hot Chocolate 5K that’s coming up and I CAN’T WAIT TO RUN A RACE AGAIN! You guys, it’s been way.too.long. I’m pretty sure I can knock out 3.1 and live to tell about it, so I’m not feeling too worried about it. 😉
PS if you are wanting to register last minute for Hot Chocolate Dallas, Nashville, or Atlanta, use promo code NADASWEET19 for a free armband for your phone that you’ll get in your goodie bag at the expo/packet pickup! If you’ve never done this race series before, it’s so fun! They have a 5k and a 15k, and lots of, you guessed it, CHOCOLATE!