Happy Monday! This weekend we made one of our favorite new recipes, so I thought I’d share it to the masses! Baked Buffalo Chicken Tacos are our jam as of late, and they are so easy, and the perfect way to change up taco night. Which should really be every night of the week, but maybe that’s just my dream meal plan.
We’ve been basing our chicken tacos off of this recipe – gotta give credit where credit is due! This recipe is super easy to follow, and is our go-to.
Here’s how it all goes down:
1. Bake 2-3 chicken breasts at 450* for 25 minutes. Coat them however you please – olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, chicken spread, etc.
2. Once it’s baked, shred chicken as thin as possible.
3. In a medium-heat skillet, melt (stirring continuously) 2-3 Tbsp butter, 1/2 a package of cream cheese, and as much Frank’s Red Hot Sauce as your heart desires. The more, the spicier! We buy the small jar, and use probably 3/4 of it. Keep stirring until you have a new sauce, then add in your shredded chicken, coating it fully.
4. Line a casserole dish with aluminum foil, and add your taco shells. We like the standing ones because they’re easier to line up and less frustrating to deal with.
5. Fill each taco shell with your chicken mixture.
6. Top with massive amounts of shredded cheese.
7. Bake at 350* for 11-12 minutes.
8. Garnish with sour cream, shredded lettuce, and diced tomatoes. The amount of sour cream has a direct correlation with how spicy your tacos will be – ha!
There you go! They are so, so, SO good!
Options: Add refried beans as the bottom layer of the tacos, use a different hot sauce, use a Rotisserie chicken, add fresh guac on top.
Let me know if you try them!
I’ll be back soon to share Adeline’s 18 month update, some recent loves, and maybe, just maybe I’ll finish writing one of my drafts – if you’re lucky.
How was your weekend? Try any new recipes? Do you have a weekly taco night?