Woohoo! We made it, guys.
This morning’s post is short and sweet! And actually not sweet, actually quite delicious! I don’t blog recipes too too often, but as I was cleaning off my computer last night I came across one of our favorite dinners I forgot to blog.
At our household, healthy is never complicated. And if it IS complicated, then you can bet it won’t get made. Healthy recipes that are easy, fun to put together, and appealing to both of us are what make it into the regular lineup, and deserve two thumbs up.
I give you,
easy meatless guacamole tacos.
Completely fool proof. Completely easy. Completely fast. Completely a crowd pleaser.
1. Homemade guacamole. For my recipe, visit this old post – homemade guacamole.
2. A handful of cheese sprinkled on the steamed tortillas. Get those babies warm, you want that cheese to melt!
3. Shredded, rinsed off lettuce can be added next.
4. Plop on a decent scoop of that homemade guacamole.
5. Add a small spoonful of your favorite salsa. We like more chipotle or smokey flavored salsas.
6. Roll, and eat!
Avocados are a GOOD fat, but of course, moderation is the key to any healthy diet. Don’t eat the whole bowl or anything! If your store has whole wheat tortillas, that would be better as well. We just used what we had on hand.
What’s your favorite easy, fast, go-to “healthy” recipe? How much do you LOVE homemade guacamole??