As promised, I’m sharing my top 10 blogging goals for 2015, in no particular order!
1. Blog more for me, and not for someone else. I think this one should be pretty self explanatory. It’s hard as a blogger to remember WHY you started blogging in the first place. In my case, it was to find an outlet to talk about all things running, instead of constantly talking my husband’s ear off about it! I want to continue to keep in mind why I’m blogging, who I’m blogging for, and remember that if no one ever read my blog again, that would be a-ok because I would still love it just the same!
2. Feel less pressure to comment on other blogs, spend less time but more time, at the same time. Confused? Me too. By this I really just mean I don’t want to feel like I HAVE to comment on X # of blogs a day. Building on goal number one, I want to feel less pressure to comment because the blogging society makes me feel like I have to, and instead comment more because I genuinely have something to say. I think commenting on blogs is SUPER important, and I truly think it’s important for engaging with your readers and promoting community, and I LOVE the fact that readers take time to comment on mine, but I want to focus more on leaving genuine, thought provoking comments.
3. Grow my influence on Instagram. This one sounds pretty typical I suppose. But, I think I’ve decided that Instagram is my favorite social media platform, and I’d love to focus on it a little bit more.
4. Reach 500 followers on Bloglovin. If you aren’t a die-hard blog reader or blogger, then you have no idea what bloglovin is. Basically, it’s like a one-stop-shop for keeping all of the blogs you follow in one place, and allows you to receive updates of everyone’s latest posts. I love it, and look at it almost every day. Again, I think it’s kind of an underestimated source of blog traffic, and I’d love to grow my audience on it as well. 500 probably sounds like a baby goal to some bigger bloggers, but I’d be really excited to hit the big 5-0-0!
5. Be better about making Pinterest a part of my social strategy. I feel like Pinterest is the social media channel we all love to hate. But, it’s not going anywhere soon, so I may as well try to step up my game. We’ll see how that one pans out.
6. Be better about saying “no” to companies and product pitches. Enough said. But, if I could say one thing, it would be that my honest goal for Sweet Miles is to never promote a product I didn’t believe in, or feel like my audience wouldn’t benefit from.
7. Aim to publish 4 posts a week, realistically. I think 4 times a week is a solid goal. Typically it amounts to that already, but if I’m being completely honest with myself, I may never make it to “post every single day” status.
8. Re-do my About page. Soon. And very soon friends!
9. Respond to comments faster. I know, I know. I’m the wooorrsssttt about responding in a timely manner. I’m late to everything in my personal life, so it only makes sense to respond to comments late as well. 2015 though, I’m comin’ for ya comments!
10. Continue to grow my traffic from organic search. This is actually part of what I do at my full-time job – help clients grow their organic search traffic. So, while I do pay attention to this metric and think about it somewhat often, I’m really hoping to develop some more thoughtful strategies, and start analyzing things a little bit more.
Bonus: Send encouraging emails to frequent readers, and invest in building more online relationships with them.
Readdddyyyy go team!
What is one of your blogging goals? What is your favorite way to share on social media? Are you even a blogger? Where do you blog at?