It’s time for another bumpdate! We’re 37 weeks today, and I honestly feel like he could come anytime now. I hope he stays put until at least 39 weeks, of course, but we’re definitely in that timeframe now where if it happened, I don’t think they’d try to stop it.
We have a checkup today, as well as an ultrasound, so I’m super excited to hear an estimate on his size and get one last glimpse of him before he makes his way earth side! If I had to predict what his birthweight is going to be, I would say 8 lb 2 oz. Completely a guess though! He definitely feels bigger than Adeline, but really, who knows!
Overall, we’re hanging in there! Texas is crazy hot this week (the predicted high on Saturday is 109!) so I’m trying to make sure I’m staying extra hydrated, and out of the heat. The last thing I want is to put myself into labor from overheating!
Previous updates from this pregnancy:
- Constant heartburn – I’m on my 4th bottle of Tums this pregnancy, yikes! Also taking Pepcid AC.
- Backache but not NEARLY as bad as it has been in previous weeks. Right around the middle of week 35 I think he either shifted or dropped because I noticed a very obvious difference in back pain.
- Feeling a general heaviness, especially towards the end of week 36, like a bowling ball is going to fall out of my uterus. It feels like he’s just hanging off of my hips.
- Peeing all. the. time.
- Poor sleep. See above.
- Bursts of energy, and bursts of extreme fatigue.
- Lots of Braxton Hicks
- Round ligament pain
- All things cold (Probably just from the extreme heat down here!)
- Chocolate donuts
- Ice cream
- Nothing major comes to mind
Feeling Like: Adeline seems to really be picking up on the impending change. It’s obvious that she’s trying to hold onto every moment of just the three of us and it’s making me sad. It’s just so hard right now. Bedtime has been pretty rough, taking up to two hours some nights to get her to bed. (Something we desperately need to get better before baby gets here! Trust me, I know!) Drop off at school has been equally tough – she just wants to cling to us and not let us put her down or leave her classroom, but is fine the rest of the day, of course.
I’m wanting time to speed up and slow down all at once. I can’t wrap my head around how much life is about to change, but I also think I’m protecting myself from thinking about it too hard because I know it will make me cry. These past 2.5 years (really 2.75!) with Adeline have been the best years of my life and I can’t believe how fast they went. I can’t even fathom what it’s going to be like for us to be a family of four, and her not be our only focus. This pregnancy has been so hard physically, mentally, emotionally, really in every way possible it’s been hard and even though I complain about it and want it to be over soon, I’m so, so grateful for it and would never take it for granted for a single second. I really worry about feeling guilty after he’s here, or somehow resenting him or not bonding with him right away like I did with Adeline, but I know these are fleeting thoughts and perfectly normal.
- 36 week appointment, found out I’m already 3cm and 70% effaced, measuring on time still, and up a total of 21 lbs this pregnancy
- My parents came to visit and Adeline thought it was the best thing ever!
- Painting pottery with my parents
- How obsessed Adeline is with P Daddy (my dad)
- Took our maternity photos
- Adeline has lifted my shirt a couple times and kissed baby brother
Movement: So much movement! His kicks are feeling huge these days and most of them are pretty painful! It feels like he could literally bust out of there anytime! It’s so much fun though seeing body parts wiggle and kick around, even if it keeps me up at night. Adeline has felt him a few times, though I’m not sure she was that phased.
Exercise: Exercise was pretty sparse these two weeks. It’s just been so hot, it’s been hard to find a cooler time of day to get out and walk. I did get in a few 20 minute walks though, but not nearly as much as in previous weeks. It’s also just getting really uncomfortable to walk, or waddle really.
We’re getting so close! 3 more weeks, plus or minus, and I seriously can’t believe it. How did we get here already??
When do you think he’ll come? Early? Late? On his due date?
I’m due August 9, but I’m hoping he just comes anytime between August 1-9. I said this last time too though, and ended up passing my due date with flying colors and inducing 4 days late. I’ve told him multiple times that the first week of August was sounding pretty great!
Thanks for following along!