Adeline turned two back in October, so I’m a few weeks late on this but better late than never! I still can’t believe we have a two year old – a strong willed, overly confident two year old at that! She’s definitely a toddler, if there was any questioning of that before. I think this update really centers around behavior, which is by and large the biggest thing we’re learning to deal with as first time parents! Anyways, I could go on and on about how much I love our girly, but let’s get to it!
Adeline is wearing mostly 2T everything, with a few 3T tops mixed in. It just depends on the brand, really, because some things just run smaller and tighter than others. She can squeeze into some of her 24 mo jammies, but they’re more like belly shirts and high waters at this point! Her shoes are all 6’s or 7’s, again just depending on the brand. I’d lean more towards 7 though, especially with a good pair of socks. She’s still in size 5 diapers, and I’m honestly not planning on tackling potty training until after the new year. We’ve worked on it a little, and she’s pretty aware and vocal of when she’s wet or poopy, but I just don’t think she’s ready to fully make that commitment. There’s no sense in rushing it!
Her 2 year well check is today, so I’ll be coming back and filling in her stats for my own records. 🙂 I think she weighs between 30-35 lbs though, something like that! Edit: she weighs 27 lbs, and is 36.5″ long, putting her in the 95th percentile for height and 50th percentile for weight.
Likes and Dislikes
I would say her likes and dislikes are pretty consistent with most of her other updates, but I think I have most of them recorded already.
- Riding in Daddy’s truck
- Being well rested, loves her sleep
- Being able to get her way
- Her family
- Having freedom to walk around somewhere
- Little toys she can easily hold
- Play doh, coloring, coloring on apps on our phones, doing any type of craft
- Stuffed animals, but mostly her Pup Pup or other dogs
- Snuggling with as many blankets as possible in her crib
- Eating her favorite foods
- Going to the nursery at church
- Flipping over the couch
- Seeing airplanes
- Drinking out of our cups and water bottles like a big girl
- Watching Fraggle Rock, Mickey Mouse, Moana, Dory, Sing, Sesame Street
- Forward facing in the car
- When Mommy leaves before putting her to bed
- When Mommy holds other babies
- When she’s disciplined
- When Truckee accidentally knocks her over
- When she wants more food but it’s all gone
- Sitting in highchairs
- When something of hers is taken away
- When her paci is taken away
- When she’s overtired
- Being told to do something she doesn’t want to do
- First time really drinking juice
- Saying phrases, short sentences
- Answering commands and questions
- Sitting in a big person chair at a restaurant as opposed to a highchair
- First plane ride(s)
- First time being home alone with Daddy for a full week
- First time seeing the Blue Angels
- First time being invited to a birthday party
- First time playing in/with her own playroom, tent, and kitchen
Adeline is still a really great sleeper, knock on wood. I’ve been saying this for two years now and I’m waiting for it to bite me in the butt but I truly think we were just blessed with a good sleeper. She typically goes to bed anytime between 7-8pm, and wakes up around 7, though lately she’s been waking up between 6-6:30am. She also still loves her naps, and if she’s at school she’ll nap anywhere from an hour to maybe two hours, but if she’s home with us she’ll usually nap a solid two hours, maybe a little longer. She’s gotten to the point where I think she just loves her bed and knows it’s HER space so she typically goes down pretty easy. Of course, we still have our nights where she wants to keep rocking, or reading, and gets upset when I lay her down, but more often than not I can softly talk to her and explain what bedtime means and I’ll ask her if I can tuck her in and she’ll say, “yesshh” and then I lay her down and ask her which blanket she wants and then tuck her in. Every now and then she’ll wake up crying sometime before midnight, but that hasn’t happened in about two months.
Speaking of her bed, I had thought about getting her a big girl bed for Christmas, but I’m probably not going to worry about it until sometime next year. She hasn’t climbed out yet, still sleeps great, and we’re not in a pinch needing her crib due to another baby at the moment. Along with potty training, I just don’t see a point in rushing it if she’s not ready, or climbing out.
We always joke that Adeline is a bottomless pit and that she’s not one to refuse food, and it’s completely true. She has her moments of pickiness and of course it’s super annoying, but for the most part, the kid loves food. She’s loyal to a few favorites, so we’ve definitely got a list of things we can always rely on. A few of her favorites include smoothies, apple juice or orange juice (watered down, but after she turned two she now gets it straight sometimes, woo!), bananas, yogurt and cheerios, turkey meatballs, pizza, taco meat, broccoli, sweet potatoes, shredded cheese, grilled cheese, dino nuggets, corn, peas, queso and chips, rice, steak.
Things I Want to Always Remember
- “Mommy I wan more chipsh”
- “Daddy no talk!”
- When she pushes her own little cart at the grocery store
- When she runs sometimes and throws out her legs side to side and laughs
- “My housh!” How much she LOVES her playhouse
- “Mommy siiiit!”
- “My kitchen!”
- When she runs and dives into her tent
- How she calls anything that remotely looks like pizza “pizzi” or “pizzi ball!”
- When she steals all of Daddy’s smoothies
- “Truckee move!” When she tells Truckee, or Mommy, or Daddy to get out of her way!
- How excited she is after school when she comes home and sees Daddy
- Taking baths in our big bathtub
- Sitting on the couch eating her cheerios and yogurt for breakfast
- Asking for Mickey Mouse
- How she procrastinates before bedtime by asking for her blanket, jacket, or couch
- How much of a negotiator she is now!
- Her elmo slippers
- Saying “hi!” to random people
- How excited she was when I plugged in the first strand of Christmas lights
- Blowing out the candles on her birthday candle and birthday cake
- How she wads up anything she thinks is trash, “trassshhh” and throws it away in the pantry
- How she loves to step up on her Elmo stool and brush her teeth or “ah ah ah ah” with Daddy, then sit on the Elmo potty before bed
- How she calls pumpkins “my punkin”
- How she says “I poopoo!” anytime her diaper is wet, or poopy, but usually just to throw us off
- How excited she gets when she gets to play with her cousins Rhett and Layla
- When she helps feed Truckee and carries her food bowl to the back door
- How much she loves to hang from bars and climb on everything at the playground
- When she throws her punches
- When she does her long walk squats, so weird but so funny!
- When she doesn’t want to take a picture and says “no cheese!”
- How she prefers to stand in the buggy at the grocery store, or sit in the big part rather than where kids are supposed to sit
- How much she loves putting her shoes on just like Mommy, and then likes to put them back in her shoe box. She’ll also put her shoes next to whoever she’s with.
- How when we tell her something is hot she’ll say “it hawwt” and she blows on it
- When she jumps up on something like it’s her stage and says “ta daaa!”
- When she says “woohoo!” and throws up her arms
- Cuddling on the couch in the mornings when she wakes up early
- Hanging out in Daddy’s truck just because, and wanting us to all sit in it
- When we all sit down at the dinner table and she reaches out her hands to pray, or she holds them in front of her face
Favorite Finds & Products
- Melissa & Doug Magnets
- My First Brain Quest
- Denim shirt dress
- Fit & flare dresses
- Carter’s night gowns
- Puppy dog mini stuffed animal
- Target poodle hooded blanket
- Carter’s fox boots (actually kitty boots)
- Vintage pink kitchen
- Princess Tent
- Color Wonder coloring books
- Elmo potty seat
- Elmo potty stool
Thanks for following along! As you may have noticed, there are some changes going on around here. We’re still working on a few things, but I’ll be back to give a full run down once everything is set!