I’m a little late in posting this, but Adeline turned 15 months on Jan 22. And ever since, it’s been full steam ahead in toddler-hood and everyday it seems like she’s learning more, moving faster, and getting bigger and bigger! This might be my favorite stage yet! And yes, I say that every single time, and that I really do mean it every single time, but this time I REALLY mean it! Adeline is at such a sweet spot right now, and I’m truly loving every second! The past 3 months have been jam packed with changes and fun new things! I already gush enough about her on Instagram, so let’s get to her update. It’s the longest one yet, covering 3 months, so grab a cup of coffee!
At her appointment, she measured in at 21 lbs 12 oz, which puts her in the 32% for weight. She measured 31.75″ which puts her in the 86%. So, basically she’s a string bean. Apparently, she’s “going to be tall”, and I’m not really sure where those tall genes are coming from other than maybe my dad!
She’s wearing a few 12 month things, but mostly 12-18 month, and a few 18-24 things depending on what they are. She’s really in between a 12 mo and 18 mo jegging (which she wears all the time) – the 12 mo is a little snug and short, but the 18 mo is still a little long and baggy. Dresses wise, she can wear some 18-24 month depending on how they’re cute.
Diapers – she’s still size 3 day, size 4 night. And shoes, she’s between a size 3 and 4, or a 12-18 mo. Shoes are so weird, it’s really just all about where they’re from.
- Reading books, being read to
- Holding and carrying things
- Her Little People toys
- Stacking things, setting them upright
- Clapping after she does something
- Blowing kisses
- Copying our noises
- Drinking out of my tumbler cups
- Bath time and putting all of her toys in her bucket
- Throwing her pacis and stuffed animals out of her crib, then pointing at them when we go in there
- Talking herself to sleep, putting herself to sleep in general (she only wants to be rocked for a few minutes and then she’s ready to be put down)
- Snuggling with her blankets and stuffed animals
- Sitting in my lap
- Her giant Winnie the Pooh
- Finding things when we ask her where they are – “where’s Pup Pup?”, etc.
- Looking out the window
- Holding our hand and being helped up stairs
- Being outside
- Sitting on anything that’s at her perfect level
- Pouring and flicking all of her cheerios out of her snack catcher
- Super Why on PBS
- Showing us her nose – “where’s your nose?”
- Patting her legs when we sing the ABC’s (thank you school!)
- Running around the church building after services
- Climbing/sitting on/standing on/riding Truckee
- Putting things in containers, then emptying the container
- Standing on her tippy toes to reach things on the counter or table
- “Hiding” behind the glider or curtains and playing ‘Where’s Adeline?’
- Dance parties with mommy and daddy, throwing out her leg and stomping
- Yelling “dada!!!”
- Only getting 1 nap a day (which is every day that she’s at school, boo!)
- Being overtired
- Being told no
- Getting certain looks
- Stepping on Truckee’s bones
- Tripping and falling
- Carrying something heavy for too long (she likes to bring us things and if we don’t take them fast enough she gets mad)
- Diaper rash
- Being in the car for too long
- Foods she liked yesterday (ha! but really…so annoying)
- Having bad dreams (when she wakes up screaming it’s so sad!!)
- Teething (so much Motrin goin’ on over here!)
- Walking – she took her first steps a week after her birthday
- First molars – 4 of her molars came in at the same time in late December/early January
- First time blowing kisses
- First time coloring with crayons (so sweet!!!)
- First time really trying to mimic us
- First time really learning something at school that’s obvious
- First time throwing a huge temper tantrum in public
- First time running around at the park
- First time being away from Mommy for 4 nights
- First snow (technically her second but this time she got to walk in it!)
- First time wearing a rain jacket
- First time really flipping through books on her own like she’s reading
- First time meeting baby cousins Hank and Sutton
- First time finger painting
- First time having RSV
- First time brushing her teeth
- First time doing a sippy cup at bedtime instead of a bottle
- First goose egg bruise
- First time really eating anything we want to give her – up until a year I feel like we were pretty picky about what we gave her but now that she has teeth she’s gotten to try lots of fun things!
Not too much has changed in this department, we’re still on pretty much the same routine as her one year update. She’s going to school 4 days a week, for the most part. Every now and then she’ll only go 3 days but for the most part she’s going Mon-Thurs and staying home with me on Fridays. She’s going to a new preschool (I think I’ve mentioned this before) and she LOVES it. Absolutely loves it. She’s learning so, so much, and she’s happy every time I pick her up. Some days, I have to chase her around to even get her out the door! We’ve been so impressed with our new daycare situation and it’s been such a blessing. Adeline is thriving there and it’s so fun seeing her playing with her little friends! The school is very much on a Kindergarten-preparatory model and they stick to a pretty solid schedule throughout the day. They do lots of interactive learning, go outside a few times, do arts and crafts, have story time, nap time, go to different activity “stations”, and eat their meals together at the cutest little tables. We love it so much!
Timing wise, Adeline wakes up between 7-7:30 am. I usually drop her off around 8:15 in time for breakfast, then pick her up between 3 and 4. Most days when I get there to pick her up they’re outside playing and I LOVE seeing her on the little toddler playground! She’s always having a blast! When we get back home, I’ll usually finish up my work for the day, then we’ll go for a walk, or play inside until Dad gets home. Then depending on what me and Adam’s dinner plans are, we’ll make Adeline’s dinner, play together as a family, do bath time around 6:30, then she’s usually asleep in her crib by 7-7:15 pm or so. If it’s a gym night, I’ll get to the gym around 7:30 and be home by 8:30.
Sleep wise, Adeline is just like her mama and lovvvvves her sleep. Girlfriend needs her beauty rest. Most nights she sleeps 11-12 hours straight. On occasion, like lately now that she has 3 teeth coming in at once, she’ll sometimes wake up crying at some point and I’ll go change her and rock her back to sleep. That’s rare though, she’s typically a pretty great sleeper. She DOES have bad dreams though we think. Sometimes she’ll wake up crying but then go right back to sleep. Or, we’ll look on the monitor and she’s crying in her sleep. It’s so sad!
*Edited to remember – she takes two naps a day if she’s home with me, but one nap at school. With me she’ll take a 2 hour morning nap and an hour afternoon nap, and at school they lay them down from noon-2 usually!
We have officially dropped bottles, and are solely doing sippy cups now. We exchanged her bedtime bottle for a sippy cup about two weeks ago, and now just brush her teeth right after and then put her in her crib. She gets a sippy cup of milk when she wakes up, then with breakfast and lunch at school (or before both naps with me), then a sippy cup of milk at bed time. She gets water throughout the day, and with dinner.
I can’t even remember all the food she’s tried these past 3 months, but she’s definitely expanding her palate. She loves just about every single meat there is (salmon, ham, chicken, ground beef, ground bison), bananas, cheerios (obvs!), cheese (but not in cubes, it has to be thin pieces of deli cheese…weirdo), peanut butter, corn, hummus, green beans, potatoes, yogurt, peanut butter crackers, strawberry snack bars, banana cookies, banana bread. She’s basically going to turn into a banana.
She also still loves purees. And I don’t feel bad giving them to her one bit because it’s the easiest way to ensure she’s getting extra fruits and veggies! We keep a basket constantly full of squeezy pouch purees for quick snacks on the go and honestly sometimes that’s the best we do at dinner if she’s having an extra picky night.
Things I Want to Always Remember
- How she brings me books to read to her and then backs up into my lap
- Her stinky but smell good feet
- How she giggles when she hides behind the glider
- How she loves playing peekaboo behind the kitchen curtains
- The smacking noises she makes when she eats
- When she tries to “jump” and makes the cutest sound
- How when we snap our fingers she holds up her hands like she’s snapping too
- How she throws out her leg when she dances
- How she “roars” after we ask her what a lion does
- How much she splashes in the bathtub now
- When she learned to blow kisses at Grammy over facetime
- How she hoards all her stuffed animals
- How attached she is to PupPup and how she hugs him and carries him around everywhere
- How when she’s carrying her stuffed animals they take up her entire arms
- When she thought she was helping me load the dryer by throwing her stuffed animals in
- How she brings us books to read to her when we’re super busy but we drop everything and read to her anyways
- How excited she gets when daddy gets home
- The occasional middle of the night snuggles and how she lays her head on my shoulder
- When we have “naked baby time” at night
- How she takes off her diaper (!!!!!!)
- How she sits in her toybox
- When she crawled under the jumparoo that we use as a baby gate (not anymore!)
- How excited she gets when Sesame Street comes on
- How she’ll clap for herself when she lines up all her princesses
- When she sits in daddy’s lap while he’s working on his computer
- Seeing her run down the path at the park like a little kid
- Taking her down the slide with me and hearing her giggle
Thanks for following along! Cheers to motherhood 🙂
In case you missed it:
- Adeline 12 Month Update
- Bear Cubs Co Giveaway + Promo Code
- The Best Banana Nut Bread Giveaway
- Valentine’s Day Gift Guide for Toddlers 12-18 Mo
- 30 Moms Share Real Breastfeeding Experiences